Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Arizona >

Hello from Arizona

Hello from Arizona

Old 12-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Fabriclovr

Cool Hello from Arizona

Hi Everyone,

I have posted a little bit and figure that it is time for me to introduce myself. I really hate doing this because I don't like to toot my own horn, but here goes.

I will have been with my DH for 30 years on New Years Eve and we have been married for 29 years in Feb. I have two wonderful grown children, Matthew and Tiffani. Matthew is an established welder working for a company that helped build the light rail here in Phoenix. Tiffani is a 2nd Class Petty Officer in the US NAVY and is stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. My Husband Herb works for a major delivery company as a dispatcher and I drive a 40 ft school bus. I have two furry kids, Sam and Rusty (kittes)

I have been sewing and crafting for over 45 years, with the earliest quilting memories being with my grandmother hand tying a quilt she made for me on frames that my grandfather made for her when I was 10. She was into crewel embroidery and that led me into needlepoint. I dabbled in cloths making and eventually went to collage and majored in clothing and textiles where I earned my degree. I taught for a while at my local sewing machine store as their machine embroidery instructor and then found quilting. I had a business on e-bay selling sewing and quilting notions and fabric for 3 years until the economy said it was time to get a real job.

I have made countless quilts, have a stack of tops ready to quilt and am planning my next top as I write this. I consider myself a good to above average quilter, but also know that there is a lot to learn. I am considering writing a paper on how to make a Dresden Plate as so many people are afraid of this simple block and I love them.

Again, Hi to all!
Susan in warm and sunny Arizona
(72 and Sunny)

Old 12-28-2011, 01:32 PM

Hi Susan - Welcome to the Board. Sounds like you have alot of experience, dont hesitate to jump in if you see someone you can help. Glad to have you aboard.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM

Welcome from Florida!
delma
Old 12-28-2011, 03:06 PM

A big hello from fellow Arizona chatters, there are atleast 4 of us that come here, and I have met them all. Most of us live on the West side, but once a month meet over at Quiltz quiltshop for pot luck and sewing...welcome to the board.
marsha
Old 12-28-2011, 03:25 PM

Hi and welcome to the board from Iowa. I hope you will share your expertise (smile). Looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilts.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:01 PM

Hi and Welcome from southern AZ. If you need info about the Tucson shops, I can help.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Welcome from very wet and extremely windy Coos Bay, Oregon. We have friends in Maricopa!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Hello from Tennessee!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by suebee View Post
Hi Susan - Welcome to the Board. Sounds like you have alot of experience, dont hesitate to jump in if you see someone you can help. Glad to have you aboard.
Thanks for that offer. I need to get my feet a little more wet and maybe join a swap or two and then watch out LOL

Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by KarenSimon View Post
Hi and Welcome from southern AZ. If you need info about the Tucson shops, I can help.
I bought my Pfaff Surger from Cathy's and it need service. Maybe after the 1st of the year we can meet at Cathy's on Speedway and grab some lunch
Susan