Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Purple >

Purple

Purple

Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 AM

Default Purple

Okay, I have finally accepted part of my problem with fabric selection. It is that I really don't like lots of colors. I like purple, blue, white, and earth tones. That is just about it. I just don't like other colors. I have been playing with the color wheel, reading about fabric selection, googling "how to select fabric for quilts," etc. But what it boils down to is that if it is a quilt for me, I prefer purple.

I should have know this already, as when I look in my clothes closet, purple and blue are the two colors I have lots of. (And purple is not that easy to find in clothes....)

Anyway, here is my latest purple quilt. It is a Rail Fence in three shades of purple. If you look around my sewing room, and even at my stash, you see lots of purple. How come it took me so long to figure this out.

Does anyone else have one color that just seems to be "their" color??

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001011.jpg   s8001012.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:09 AM

Yep, you are a purple lady...even your ironing board cover. I think I am a red/yellow kind of person. But then other colors sneak in there too.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:13 AM

Oh, you do have lots of purple in that stash on your shelves!! I am getting ready to FMQ a large black and purple quilt myself, although I don't choose huge amounts of purple. I do have favorite colors that I always love the most, yet I so love COLOR that I like to work with all colors. And my clothes closet always has lots of the same color tones, so I guess I like to wear the same colors nearly all the time. But, if it makes you smile, go for it!!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:18 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have alot of BLUE and im not a huge fan of blue.. Guess there were more blue fabs with interesting designs on them then anything else that caught my eye... Im a scrappy kinda gal.. So i have a mish mash of colors.. I even like the 'uglies'.... they add character..

LOVE the purple rail fence...
Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 AM

I tend to buy colors I like too. I love your rail fence! The first quilt I made was a rail fence. I used the same color purples that you did!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:25 AM

Love the purple ironing board cover and the little purple basket as well as that beautiful quilt. For quilting it seems the print attracts me more than the color, or at least that's what I THINK attracts me, though often I find the pattern in other colors and prefer it in the one that grabbed my eye.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:29 AM

Beautiful quilt. You got me to thinking and I realized I lean more towards pink and green quilts but no clothes of those colors.
Strange.....
Old 12-31-2011, 08:33 AM

I love all colors and have a hard time not buying any bright beautiful colored fabric. I now have a wide rang of colors to work with.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:36 AM

I love green - everytime I pick colors I always have green in it. Its just my favorite - and I love blues and greens together and purple- green too. The only problem I have is when I make quilts for others and they like different colors than I do - I think its normal to love certain colors.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:38 AM

My favorite color was turquoise but now I just love purple & cobalt blue also. They say that as you get older you like purple more! Anyway- as far as quilts that really catch my eye are the BRIGHT ones in most colors. I have always liked bright clothes as well. Maybe I'm just a gaudy old lady!!