Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along >

McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along

McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along

Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 AM

I need to look to see if I have that issue. If you all live near Hobby Lobby, they have a weekly 40% off coupon. I use it to buy my magazines.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:44 AM

I just finished step two of the mystery quilt. After the discussion the last few pages about directional fabrics, I'm second-guessing my choice for fabric C. I knew when I picked it that it's truly directional, but it read to me as more a tone-on-tone. Now I'm wondering....

I'm sticking with it but I'm anxious to see how the whole thing looks when finished.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-quilt-second-installment.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 AM

rainbowquilter-- hold on to that first copy of the magazine , please! i'm going hunting for it today! i lost mine and if i can't find one i will gladly buy yours, postage and all! thank you! will let you know by this evening! nancia
Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
will you post pics of your new years mystery quilt on the thread? i would love to see it.
Yes, if I can find the thread. I've been looking for it 1/2 the day. I did get my Snowblossom block picture posted, though. Can't figure out why I can't find the thread. I've looked in my subscriptions and done searches and all I come up with is this thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jinnie
Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
Yes, if I can find the thread. I've been looking for it 1/2 the day. I did get my Snowblossom block picture posted, though. Can't figure out why I can't find the thread. I've looked in my subscriptions and done searches and all I come up with is this thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jinnie
Whooops...........I just found the thread. I had put 'New Years Day Mystery Quilt' in the search engine. Dumbo me! ow to add the picture.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by rainbow quilter View Post
I just finished step two of the mystery quilt. After the discussion the last few pages about directional fabrics, I'm second-guessing my choice for fabric C. I knew when I picked it that it's truly directional, but it read to me as more a tone-on-tone. Now I'm wondering....

I'm sticking with it but I'm anxious to see how the whole thing looks when finished.
i just love that read tonal of yours. really nice. you are way ahead of a lot of us.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 PM

I already have step one done and just got the magazine with step 2 yesterday. Still only using 2 fabrics. Seems like there will be a lot to do for step 3, but I'll wait and see. I'm anxious to see what it will look like. Since I already have so many quilts, I'm making the smaller size. I have done several mystery quilts in the past and told myself I would only do this one if I could find enough fabrics in my stash and sure enough I did.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i just love that read tonal of yours. really nice. you are way ahead of a lot of us.
The red is from the Moda Etchings line. I LOVE red and for some reason am always drawn to the shades that Moda uses.

I was just lucky that the mystery quilt came along while I wasn't working on anything pressing.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Jmncolts View Post
<snip> My biggest hang up is the yardage of fabic B..lol! <snip>
I am thinking that the 3 yards includes the borders and maybe the binding. Could have some sashing in there as well with 3 yards.. just guessing from experience..

Old 01-28-2012, 07:13 PM

Hello
A I bought at a quilt shop, B and C at Joanns about a week ago and D at a quilt shop years ago.