Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What book are you reading now? >

What book are you reading now?

What book are you reading now?

Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Default What book are you reading now?

I have a Kindle so I'm reading so much more now then when I had to tote a book around. I'm reading
The Help before I see the movie. I'm reading the series King of Thrones by
George R.R. Martin. Wow! It's great. I borrow new and best sellers from the library or from Amazon Lender's Library. I still buy books too. Nothing beats a big comfy bookstore for browsing on a cold day.

Oh, for a good feel good characters check out Joyce Magnin's books. They make me smile the whole time I'm reading them.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 02-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:32 PM

I,m reading Dean Koontz, Breathless. I have Apple products, and like you read much more, 1/2 - 1 hour daily.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:39 PM

I just got the Kindle Fire had a Kindle and read books all the time on it Just loaded Gone with the wind and about 600 other books to the Kindle Fire Will be the sixth time I have read Gone with the Wind but I love it so Next is Scarlet again
Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 PM

I just read Sarah's Key and A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay. I really enjoyed both of these books.

I thought The Help was excellent.

I read about a book and a half each week.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Just finished She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I have a Kindle (simplest version) and just found a new site for free books. If you sign up (it's free) they send emails 3-4 days per week with free books; most are fairly recent releases. Try it out: www.pixelofink.com
(this is new to me, you all may have already heard of it; if so sorry to repeat old news)
Old 02-11-2012, 07:02 PM

I have just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. My friend loaned it to me and I finished the read in two settings because it was so gripping. I laughed, cried, etc. Definitely just what I needed to read this weekend.

Sometimes, I use the laptop to read some of the books I had downloaded to my Kindle. I like to use the larger screen to view the pixel print when I am relaxing after a full day of doing close work with my eyes. Also, using the laptop to view diagrams, prints, etc. is terrific.

This is a change of pace from reading quilt books from cover to cover ;-)
Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

"Horns" by Joe Hill....pretty dark, but very interesting take on family relationships/dynamics. Must confess that when it comes to books, I am a bit of a "Luddite" and still prefer the paper version. Mind you if my eyesight continues to fail an electronic device may be the ticket. I still buy non-fiction but fiction I always borrow from the library, except for a few must-haves for the bookshelves.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Finished Ballistic by Mark Greaney. It's non-stop action from start to finish- I loved it! A real adrenaline shot. Also finished An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon, part of her Highlander series which I just love. And the all time totally best commentary to the book of John is the Pillar New Testament Commentary-- The Gospel according to John by DA Carson. This commentary to so far superior to all others that it should have another name! I hope to get the whole series eventually. The depth of explanation that is within this book is incredible.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

I am reading the Grapes of Wrath - I know its an oldie but have never read it and heard it was a "must read"
Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 PM

I am reading Ken Follett's "Fall of Giants" - he creates such great characters.