Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Why am I losing this site when I try to enter my signin info? >

Why am I losing this site when I try to enter my signin info?

Why am I losing this site when I try to enter my signin info?

Old 03-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Angry Why am I losing this site when I try to enter my signin info?

If I don't sign in when it comes up, then it takes me totally out of it. Anyone else having that trouble? aggravating as I am in and out and get out of it when not here. shucks! I then have to go back to main and find my thread all over again! arggghhhh!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 PM

Hi Helen - Im not sure why you're having trouble. Does it "ask" you for your sign in info? It never asks me. But then I dont ever sign out. You may want to PM Patrice, maybe she can help. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM

I just had the same problem, signed in and the sight went blank. But then tried again and here I am.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

i stay logged in and use a saved link in Favorites to get in. but i agree that this site had tons of bugs!!! i just go grrrrrr and get on with it.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
i stay logged in and use a saved link in Favorites to get in. but i agree that this site had tons of bugs!!! i just go grrrrrr and get on with it.
Where is the favotites folder? Is that your own personal favorites folder? I would like to put threads in one on this board but don't know how. Can you do that? thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:54 PM

Well sure am glad I didn`t have this problem alone .. we had a bad storm and tornado here and it kick everythings off and of course ( not so bright ) didn`t have my password remeber and it would not let me sign in I use everythings I could think of even sent a letter begging get me in here ( made not be very socialable} but by golly this is my morning coffee break on here looking and reading and feeling right at home ,, But when I can`t get in here u really wanna see me get huffy and puffy and throwing timmy tantrum ,,Now all I want to know is how to change my password so I know when this happen again I don`t have to throw me a hissy fit just to get in here ...Using one they gave me but knowing me I am gonna lose it or forget and throw the paper away hahahah ok I said enough ,,have a good one
Old 03-11-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Helen6869 View Post
Where is the favotites folder? Is that your own personal favorites folder? I would like to put threads in one on this board but don't know how. Can you do that? thanks!
Click on "SETTINGS" up top of any page, then look for "Subcriptions" on next page. There are some folders already made for you, but you can make others more specific to your needs by clicking on "edit folders". Then when you come to a thread you want to save, click on "thread tools" up above it, and click "subscribe to thread". On next page, it asks you how you want to be notified...tell it "through control panel", and then specify which folder you want it saved in. Then click the "save subscription" button. When you want to check your saved items, click on "SETTINGS" up top, and you will be taken to those folders.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dizzy Dolly View Post
Well sure am glad I didn`t have this problem alone .. we had a bad storm and tornado here and it kick everythings off and of course ( not so bright ) didn`t have my password remeber and it would not let me sign in I use everythings I could think of even sent a letter begging get me in here ( made not be very socialable} but by golly this is my morning coffee break on here looking and reading and feeling right at home ,, But when I can`t get in here u really wanna see me get huffy and puffy and throwing timmy tantrum ,,Now all I want to know is how to change my password so I know when this happen again I don`t have to throw me a hissy fit just to get in here ...Using one they gave me but knowing me I am gonna lose it or forget and throw the paper away hahahah ok I said enough ,,have a good one
I'm sure if you sent an email to [email protected] , she would help you reset your password, since you don't remember what it is.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Administrator

yes. i can help with password resets if a member remembers their username and the email address they used when they created their account. i help people with that every day.

however, it's unfair to get angry at "the board" if we don't keep track of our login information. that's our responsibility.

the problems we've had recently with slow posts, etc. are not because of board bugs. they determined that the problem is/was somewhere along the network we're on. things seem to have improved a bit so i'm hopeful they found and fixed the glitch.

1) After entering the username and password, but before clicking the “Login” button, users can check the "Remember me" check box right next to the login button while logging in.

2) Users may be using private browsing, in which case there are no cookies saved on to your computer. So, even if the user checked the "Remember me" box while using private browsing, the cookie will not be saved and therefore the site will require users to login.

3) If the users manually clear the cookies of their browser or automatically delete the cookies once they close the browser, in either case, users will be required to login again.

4) Lastly, if the user is inactive for 60 minutes then user will automatically be logged out (This does not seem to be the case, but something to remember).

That will only happen to users who have *not* checked the "Remember Me" box.

If they have checked the box, they will not be logged out due to an hour of inactivity. I think the next time they will be required to log in is 2-4 weeks later.