Another Scam Beware

Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Default Another Scam Beware

There is another email scam going around about a person named Reita Kelly being robbed and stranded and in need of money to get home. This is the same kind that has gone around before just a different name. Please beware this is a scam and is not for real.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

what a world we are becoming. didn't any of these people's parents teach them anything? so sad that people become crooks and think nothing of it.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 AM

I can't afford to help anyone until I collect all that money people from overseas that I never met are leaving me in their will!! LOL
Old 04-05-2012, 01:41 PM

Tell them to go to Traveler's Aid. Or ask for help at the local churches. Funny how they decide they don't need the help that badly.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:12 AM

The name doesn't matter at all, I have had several friend's emails hacked, so that made it more personl to me when I received the ntoe that they were stranded in London and need cash. I CALLED MY FRIEND IMMEDIATELY, she said she had received over 15 calls wondering if she was OK....She was in Texas......so these people are using contact lists from your email. She had to change all of her info with Yahoo.....it took months of friends still receiving her plea to get it off the system. Now that Google and Motorola has all your contact's information, can't wait for their use of our info, or if they get hacked.
D in TX
Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
Tell them to go to Traveler's Aid. Or ask for help at the local churches. Funny how they decide they don't need the help that badly.
Don't EVEN respond to the email.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
I can't afford to help anyone until I collect all that money people from overseas that I never met are leaving me in their will!! LOL
LOL!!! I've been looking for a house to rent in Myrtle Beach SC and I never knew there were so many missionaries in West Africa that own property in Myrtle Beach, wonder if they are some of you relatives. Oh, and by the way I am retired and want to start a ministry at the beach (any beach) if anyone has any property they would like to donate give me a pm.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
what a world we are becoming. didn't any of these people's parents teach them anything? so sad that people become crooks and think nothing of it.
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the parents.
Today's society and the internet have made for a bunch of bad apples to make their criminal lifestyle even easier.
I have noticed bad behavior is more acceptable than good behavior today.

This is why I don't use Yahoo, Hotmail or Google mail. Or Facebook, Twitter or any of those si=social media outlets.
We don't own a Droid, Smartphone or Blackberry either. Same with an Ipad so the risk of us being hacked is lowered.
Plus keeping track of all purchases made with a Visa card or online transactions is a MUST. Never leave your payment info as "saved" on a website you buy from. Always enter it manually for each transaction.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
Just MHO, but I think that there are many who didn't have parents. Biological creators, yes. Parents, no. I see many kids that have no consideration for anyone else. Courtesy isn't being upheld or even taught. their so called parents want to be their friends or the "cool dudes of so and so" that being a parent isn't their concern anymore. There are exceptions, yes.
Too many of the parents are just as bad as the kids, always texting or talking on their cells at full volume.

I agree that it is so sad that some think that becoming crooks or getting what they didn't work for is just peachy!

ok I feel better now. thank you
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM

I never pay attention to any of those asking for money online. She should go to City Hall general Assistance, or a local church. I volunteer at a Homeless shelter and we don't give cash to anyone. We provide food, clothing and shelter but if she wanted to travel she'd have to find a job and earn the money or sell the computer she's carrying around with her.