Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help to remove Alphabet letters.. >

Help to remove Alphabet letters..

Help to remove Alphabet letters..

Old 12-03-2006, 01:06 PM

I am doing embroidery on a hooded jacket and made a mistake. Could one of you tell me an easy way to remove the stitches beside stitch by stitch.
Beth
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 AM

I've never been able to. If you could gently get a seam ripper under maybe you could cut them and then just pull the threads out.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:46 AM

Kathy,

That is what I finally did to remove the stitches. Not sure why I spelled my grandsons name wrong???? OK I am not telling any one in family I did that......they may think I am loosing it. LOL
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 AM

your secret is safe with me lol
Old 12-06-2006, 11:05 AM

Beth,

In Sewing with Nancy, there is a notion that looks just like a razor for trimming men's hair....only for embroidery! I've heard her and Fons & Porter rave about it, for over $50, they should rave! I've seen it do pretty well with cotton and heavier fabric. I've never been brave enough to try the razor I have in the basement....

Don't feel so bad about misspelling a name....it took me 3 tries to get right the name of my god daughter...oy!

Lisa

Old 10-15-2010, 05:16 PM

We've all been there with the mistakes Hahaha Sometimes you have to laugh or else you'll cry! I've tried to repair several times and finally just gave up even with simple cross stitches!!! UGH!

I'm not sure what embroidery stitches you are using, so.... it might have to be stitch by stitch. Sorry.

If the seam ripper doesn't work, I use a pair of $16 Gingher brand embroid. scissors - the kind that looks like a swan? duck? goose? Hahaha ...that I got for half price!! They are verrrrrrry sharp but with tiny blades to CAREFULLY lift up the thread and cut it (like a razor). I snip every few stitches (usually I use the stem stitch) and then what I can't pick out by fingernail, I use tweezers.
Maybe to avoid any mistakes in the future, try using a water soluble pencil or pen (blue "ink") and double check the design before starting with the thread.
Good luck.
PS: R Y kidding me? $50 bucks ?????????? I don't think so!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19 PM

I have one of those magnifying glasses with a light that clamps to my table. Really helps, along with some pointy tweezers and a sharp seam ripper.