Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"A WOMAN"S FAVORITE THINGS" funky swap... sign up closes August 15th >

"A WOMAN"S FAVORITE THINGS" funky swap... sign up closes August 15th

"A WOMAN"S FAVORITE THINGS" funky swap... sign up closes August 15th

Old 04-30-2012, 12:32 PM

Sure, I just get caught up with my other blocks for swaps and then you do this to me. Ugggggggggggh. I so want to join, but have to see about time. I am still on that quest of getting my UFOs done for the year. I have to also finish the funky jungle swap and then let my hand heal. I have some ideas already. Will bookmark this and then watch the wonderful blocks some in. I definitely would have to do flowers because those are my favorite thing and I just happen to have some scraps of a fabric I just used for a backing of nothing but flowers. I can't cut yet so I will behave for now.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM

i have a question, if we were to send only one set of 6 blocks that surely would not require a $5+ flat rate shipping fee so would we be able send the blocks & sase in something other than a flat rate envelope (with the appropriate postage of course)?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
The purse and shoes are so cute. I will have to think about this one. I have lots of projects going on. Sounds fun.
Hi sherry,
I hope you join in the fun, you make such cute blocks! This swap has plenty of time attached ot it. I did that on purpose so we could have fun making our blocks and not feel pressured.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Sure, I just get caught up with my other blocks for swaps and then you do this to me. Ugggggggggggh. I so want to join, but have to see about time. I am still on that quest of getting my UFOs done for the year. I have to also finish the funky jungle swap and then let my hand heal. I have some ideas already. Will bookmark this and then watch the wonderful blocks some in. I definitely would have to do flowers because those are my favorite thing and I just happen to have some scraps of a fabric I just used for a backing of nothing but flowers. I can't cut yet so I will behave for now.
I know you would have fun with this one quiltermomma! When you are ready, let me know.

Wouldn't you know my embroidery machine began eating needles yesterday. Dang it... Now I have to go and get some more to work on my blocks. :~(
Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Sounds like alot of fun. I am going to think about designs. I think I may use this as an opprotunity to try a learn technique since I have plenty of time. Will pm you to enter once blocks are done.
mdall,
Have fun making those blocks and let me know when you want to mail them to me. WooHoo andother swapper on line!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Charlottemarie Has joined the ranks everyone! Welcome to the swap!

Havplenty check your pm's...
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM

So, if I get to it now, would the Umbrella Girl who has the wonderful old fashioned dresses, be ok to do?

If I get to it now, I have these awesome shoe designs I got that are so cool, they would be great for this.

No, I am talking myself into a committment here, just coming up with ideas I now I have in the house right now on hand that I could use for this if, that is if, I decide to join in the fun again. I suppose I could bring in the embroidery machine to the office and have it going while I am working and when stops change threads, then take it home and do the same. Oh no I don't, no talking myself into this one.

I also have some fun bathtub designs, who would not like a leopard tub for your own. Now every woman wants a bathtub, in a leopard design that is a deep claw tub so you can soak your worries away.

Oh, how about that bottle of wine, for us who enjoy a glass once in awhile with our chocolate.

Or, how about a funky looking sewing machine design? That could be fun.

Ok, I will stop now. My hand is getting sore trying to type all this. Stop brain, stop, stop stop..........
Old 05-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

LOL... Quiter momma! I certainly want a leopard bathtub with claw legs. THat sounds SO AweSomE! The other ones sound cool too! Especially a neat sewing machine. It sounds like you are very close to being in! The due date isn't until October... you can do it. Right??

Here is my second 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" set. I love kitties and these little ones just called out to me to make for this swap. Half of one and half the other image. I am so indecisive these days..LOL! Don't you just love the ones playing on the dressing table trying on jewlery? She has on a little crown. My cat sampson used to be into everything that was mine. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails 000_2574.jpg   000_2576.jpg  

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM

I am not a cat lover, but if it was my poodle, Cuddles, sitting like that it would be a definite keeper. She used to love being primped. they are cute and they are a keeper. I may get done by October, all depends on those UFOs getting done. GOing to assemble a couple of tops for me?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

I love dogs, although we have never had one, I spoil my neighbor's dogs wherever we have lived and whenever I can. They love me. LOL!

I have a confession to make. I haven't assembled not one of my swap blocks together from any of my swaps yet. I have been too busy with the diabetic charity quilts and doing these swaps (and life in general)! LOL!! I have a signature, patriotic, halloween, winter holidays, the kitchen kapers, and the good ol' summertime block sets to do. LOL!!! They are all in little seperate project drawers waiting for me. That isn't even counting the embroidered blocks I have a huge bin of I have bought and that were given to me. I don't mind them waiting. I have most all of the fabric to make them up, I just need to finish a few more quilts for charity and I will go on them like a bunny.