Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric fandango >

Fabric fandango

Fabric fandango

Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM

Default Fabric fandango

There was a quilt posted on the "Pictures" post from a quilt show....it was drop dead gorgeous.... Finally found out it was a pattern...I assume from a book...called "Fabric Fandango"...also from the Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, March 2006. I have been trying to locate and purchase the back issue, but o no avail.
When I pull up " Fabric Fandango", all I get is the book and the cover pic....not the pic of the quilt that was pictured in the "Picture" post...If someone has this issue of the Quilter's Newsletter Magazine...please let me know if this quilt is in there with the pattern and from that book. I hate to order blind.
Thanks, Drue
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM

This gal on Etsy has 86 issues for sale. You might see if she has the issue you want and if she would be willing to sell you that one issue.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/75215242..._3&ga_includes[]=materials&ga_search_query=quilters+newsletter+magazines&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 AM

[QUOTE=lalaland;5178839]This gal on Etsy has 86 issues for sale. You might see if she has the issue you want and if she would be willing to sell you that one issue.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/75215242..._3&ga_includes[]=materials&ga_search_query=quilters+newsletter+magazines&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery[/QUOTE

Thanks "lalaland", I went to ETSY but the issues were much older than this one. I have gone to E-Bay to search it out as well as Quilter's Newsletter...but it is no longer in print. I'm hoping someone has the "Fabric Fandango" book and will let me know if that particular pattern happens to be in there.

Thanks again, Hugs, Drue
Old 04-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

QNM has a quilt called Fandango on page 25 in the March 2006 issue. It is constructed using fusible applique and the block pattern is in the magazine to enlarge 200%. It says the quilt won World Quilt & Textile 2005 best use of color award if that's the one you are looking for? It is by Rachel Wetzler if that helps any. I don't have the Fabric Fandango book so I don't know if it's the same one or not. Sorry.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:56 AM

At softexpression.com has the book with pictures and the one on the cover is in the book, I hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

This must be the quilt - fantastic!

http://rachelwetzlerquilts.blogspot..../fandango.html
Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
This must be the quilt - fantastic!

http://rachelwetzlerquilts.blogspot..../fandango.html
Yes, Dunster...this is the quilt! NOW...where can I find the pattern? I went to the site you posted, but no patterns or where to locate them, so back to square 2.... last I heard it was offered in the Quilter's Newsletter Magazine in March of 2006, issue 380...but that is out of print and no longer available from them. I am sure someone out there has an issue and will contact me eventually...I hope!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM

Thanks to the QB members who always are there to jump in and help with a question or search for other members. You folks are a great bunch of quilters! Thank you so very much and big hugs!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 PM

I believe I have the issue you want. PM me, and we'll make arrangements to get it to you.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 PM

Your right that quilt is just breath taking so beautiful. Good Luck working on it. The site that had it done had so many beautiful, beautiful and super beautiful quilts. Book marked that one