Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Found a pretty luggable Red Eye >

Found a pretty luggable Red Eye

Found a pretty luggable Red Eye

Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM

Default Found a pretty luggable Red Eye

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/atq/2989761428.html

In case anyone's interested. She looks so cute, I'd snag her if the boyfriend didn't say no. See?
Attached Thumbnails 2012-05-01_12-11-03.png  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 AM

It looks pretty clean, with nice decals.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 AM

Brynn....keep in mind for the future that it's easier to beg forgiveness than to obtain permission!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Brynn....keep in mind for the future that it's easier to beg forgiveness than to obtain permission!!
I second that!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/atq/2989761428.html

In case anyone's interested. She looks so cute, I'd snag her if the boyfriend didn't say no. See?
Clearly your BF doesn't understand. That's a good price and you'd enjoy sewing on it. I don't think I would have asked permission, but then I tend to be the independent type.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 AM

Get the machine, dump the boyfriend! This is your life! What are the odds that you'll ever find a red eye for $25??? I've been married 23 years, if I had to ask for permission to spend $25 I'd have dumped him 2 decades ago. My husband is a dear, he recently bent over backwards to help me buy a one year old 26" long arm quilting machine that retails for $15,000... but was being sold at cost for $6,000. He put off buying a band saw he's been coveting for 5 years.

I can tell you're a thoughtful, caring person. You're doing your best to stay within reason with your sewing, and he should consider that. I wish you all the best with your bf. But I can see the forest through the trees.

Last edited by Christine-; 05-02-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by jlm5419 View Post
Clearly your BF doesn't understand. That's a good price and you'd enjoy sewing on it. I don't think I would have asked permission, but then I tend to be the independent type.
Ha ha, well, he was already exasperated with me for bringing home the 201, and we really don't have room in the apartment (due mostly to my stash and other things) for another sewing machine. Someday I'll have a real house and a room all to myself that I can fill with these poor machines, but for now I have to sit on my hands and huff, and send the links along to you lovely folks to try and find these machines homes.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 AM

LOL, I have to laugh at several things in this thread. First calling a Singer 66 "a pretty luggable Red Eye" is funny right there. Considering the head alone will tip about 35 pounds then add the case, you gotta have the muscles of Brunhilda.
Second worring about the space one more machine will take up. I look at my own place and we are hip deep in treadles, cabinets and portables. About the only two rooms in the house without a machine in it is the bathroom and kitchen.
And I'm about ready to build a shelf unit over the bath tub. It has no shower so we never use it.

Go for the machine, tell the BF to get over it.

Joe
Old 05-02-2012, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
LOL, I have to laugh at several things in this thread. First calling a Singer 66 "a pretty luggable Red Eye" is funny right there. Considering the head alone will tip about 35 pounds then add the case, you gotta have the muscles of Brunhilda.
Second worring about the space one more machine will take up. I look at my own place and we are hip deep in treadles, cabinets and portables. About the only two rooms in the house without a machine in it is the bathroom and kitchen.
And I'm about ready to build a shelf unit over the bath tub. It has no shower so we never use it.

Go for the machine, tell the BF to get over it.

Joe
Well, I've played tuba for most of my life, so a 30 pound sewing machine is nothing to me! And I appreciate your trying to make me be bad (tsk tsk!), but we might be moving in the fall to a larger apartment, and I've been promised the second bedroom as a sewing room. If I can hold out until then, I can give in and get machines like this!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
Well, I've played tuba for most of my life, so a 30 pound sewing machine is nothing to me! And I appreciate your trying to make me be bad (tsk tsk!), but we might be moving in the fall to a larger apartment, and I've been promised the second bedroom as a sewing room. If I can hold out until then, I can give in and get machines like this!
You will end up with "non-buyers remorse". That is a great price for the sewing machine. They really don't take up much room. I several portables living in the bottom of the closet. Better than shoes in my opinion. If I were closer that Red Eye would be living with me ASAP.