Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on sewing room***info on the altos cutting system >

Update on sewing room***info on the altos cutting system

Update on sewing room***info on the altos cutting system

Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 PM

Default Update on sewing room***info on the altos cutting system

Hi,
Though we haven't made any changes in my sewing room lately, I did want to show you what we did to the cutting table that we made that pulls down from the wall. Pay no mind to the top of my cutting table we are going to put formica on there, and haven't gotten to that yet, but I can't hold up being able to work on it until then.lol
Any way, I have seen lots of post on here about whether a person would think it a good idea to buy the Altos cutting system. And I am not associated with them in any way, though, this could probably be viewed as a advertisement for them.lol
I have this system, and I have the cutting board and mat it comes with laying on a table by one of my sewing machine.I use this for cutting out small projects,and something that I just need to get cut quickly.And I love this tool.
So when we made the big cutting table for sewing room, I told my husband that I wanted to make the table where my altos cutting guide could slide down the long cutting table. We screwed those thin rulers you get for practically nothing at the hardware store onto the side of the table raised just enough up off the table that my guide could sit on
it and slide. The guide has a groove under it that has to be able to sit on something.
As you can tell the guide also repositions to different angles and has a piece that I don't show here, that attaches to the guide for setting your measurements. I can't tell you how fast this makes my whole cutting experience! There just aren't words.
And for those of you that can't make your own cutting table. You can buy a craft table somewhere like JoAnns,garage sale etc. it just has to have a side on the table where you could screw these rulers into.
I actually have this on both sides of the cutting table to I can cut from either side.
Hope this helps.
Tammy
Attached Thumbnails 2012-05-06-15.13.04.jpg   2012-05-06-15.13.31.jpg   2012-05-06-15.13.47.jpg   2012-05-06-15.19.01.jpg  
Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 PM

Hi Tammy,

Thanks so much for posting this! The cutting table is the last piece of my sewing room that I need to add, and I've been trying to figure out what I'd like. I got the Altos system last December for a gift and it's still in the box because I don't have anywhere to set it up yet. This looks like a great idea to get extra use out of it and the Joann cutting table sounds like a fairly inexpensive way to give it a try.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH View Post
Hi Tammy,

Thanks so much for posting this! The cutting table is the last piece of my sewing room that I need to add, and I've been trying to figure out what I'd like. I got the Altos system last December for a gift and it's still in the box because I don't have anywhere to set it up yet. This looks like a great idea to get extra use out of it and the Joann cutting table sounds like a fairly inexpensive way to give it a try.

Thanks!
You're welcome! That was timely for you.lol....And you will love it. Every time I buy something for that room I am always trying to think of how many different ways I can use it to justify the expense. lol And as I see it, you are always needing a cutting table and sitting level and standing level. And this way you can get both from one.lol
Have fun.
Tammy