Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm considering buying a Bernina 630E, 635E ot s 730E >

I'm considering buying a Bernina 630E, 635E ot s 730E

I'm considering buying a Bernina 630E, 635E ot s 730E

Old 06-07-2012, 04:38 AM

Default I'm considering buying a Bernina 630E, 635E ot s 730E

I couldn't find many reviews on the 730, they weren't great but they were 3-4 years old. Have any of you owned one of these and can you tell me what you like best about it or what you didn't like about it. I'm really not considering any other machine at least not at this time. I can get one of these on a payment plan with no interest and I have a really good dealer close by. I don't for other machines.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:17 AM

I don't have these machines but I do have the 640Artista with the embroidery module. I LOVE this machine. I bought it "gently" used and it has been great. It replace a Pfaff I had that I hated. I don't think I would hesitate to recommend a Bernina especially if you have a dealer near you for support! Good Luck!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:23 AM

I have the Bernina 200E, which I had upgraded to the 730. I love my machine. My only complaint is that if you use a jump drive you could run into problems. They don't all work. Bernina and Brother have come up with a jump (flash) drive that will supposedly work ($35.00). Haven't bought one, yet. If you have a dealer near you that can give instructions and answer any questions you might have. I would highly recommend it.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 AM

I didn't realize but it looks like I'm only asking about the 730 but I want to know about the other two as well
Old 06-07-2012, 05:32 AM

Post Bernina machine

Originally Posted by littlenell7777 View Post
I have the Bernina 200E, which I had upgraded to the 730. I love my machine. My only complaint is that if you use a jump drive you could run into problems. They don't all work. Bernina and Brother have come up with a jump (flash) drive that will supposedly work ($35.00). Haven't bought one, yet. If you have a dealer near you that can give instructions and answer any questions you might have. I would highly recommend it.
I too have a Bernina 200E that was upgraded to the 730. I quilt alot. I love this machine. It has many bells and whistles, so if you want you have many options to use. I have found it to be very durable, with little need for maintenance other than a cleaning once a year. I also appreciate all of the feet options available. A great walking foot with seam allowance quide and a great 1/4 inch foot with seam guide that can be used with this machine also. My machine is about 9 or 10 years old, and is still working just great. My dealer has the best in service reps.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 AM

A new Bernina is on my wish list as I would love to have a machine that will accommodate the new electronic stitch regulator. I love free motion quilting, but stitch consistency is always the challenge. I think I would really enjoy an embroidery machine also.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 AM

Yes, Yes, Yes. You can't go wrong with a Bernina.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 AM

I have a bernina and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. I have a 440. I bought it to have the bsr to help with freemotion quilting and love it. I would buy another if I were looking for a machine again .
Old 06-07-2012, 07:40 AM

I don't have any of the Berninas you are asking about, but I do own Berninas, and you can't go wrong, especially if you have a local dealer that you are comfortable. Customer service is top notch with Bernina machines. I think that is one of the reasons they can ask the big bucks, because you can't put a price tag on personal service. Make a list of the features of each machine. Circle the features that are different for each of the machine, and which ones you want. Sew on each one and see which one fits you best. Good Luck
Old 06-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by kbeuchert View Post
I don't have these machines but I do have the 640Artista with the embroidery module. I LOVE this machine. I bought it "gently" used and it has been great. It replace a Pfaff I had that I hated. I don't think I would hesitate to recommend a Bernina especially if you have a dealer near you for support! Good Luck!
I had been looking for a new sewing machine also, I do have a Bernina 830, but wanted one that was smaller for a take along. I decided on a Bernina 580 as it has some of the capabilities as the 830. I did ask about the Bernina 730 and the owner said that he would be happy to sell me the machine, but Bernina was going to discontinue making the 730. They will support it but, I was burned with a different machine purchase from a different Make. I purchased a machine previous (used embroidery cards) (not Bernina) shortly after the purchase a new model was available for purchase. The one I had purchased was no longer being supported as the company discontinued making the embroidery cards for my Model. I appreciated the frankness of the owner of the Bernina store in telling me that they are discontinuing making the 730 model sewing machine. I have heard a lot of owners love the 730.