skirt for Purse 31 handbag

Old 07-12-2012, 10:03 AM

Default skirt for Purse 31 handbag

Has anyone made a skirt for their purse 31 bag. There is a tute on-line in 365days2simplicity but I am having a hard time understanding the instructions. Has anyone made these using this tute or from another pattern? ( I did a search and check all recent tutes but could not find anything) Thanks!!!!

Last edited by bigsister63; 07-12-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:22 AM

Haven't made one yet, but it's on my short list to do. Thanks for posting the tutorial - I was planning on "re-inventing the wheel" by trying to make my own pattern - and here it is all done for me.

Sorry I can't help you, but if you go over it step by step as you make a skirt, perhaps it will be easier to understand.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 AM

You may still have to "reinventy the wheel " by using this pattern. I will try your suggestion of step by step but I think I will have to make several adjustments. I will let you know how it woirkd out. For those of you who do not know what this "skirt " is it is a cover that slides over a cloth purse made by "purse 31" the skirt is hooked on the original purse by hooks that are on the original purse. This allows you to change the look of the purse by adding a new "skirt" therefore making it look like a new purse and matching your outfit. Pu is sold online or by an independant dealer thru parties. Check it out on the web. They are really "cool"!!!!!