Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Board's First Scrap Club >

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Wow, i just chked out the dresden plates. That's out of this world, sooo pretty.
where did you get your template from. I need to maake a few. What do you do
when you onky have a few, other than hotpads. Although, they make beautiful hotpads!!!!
I need this templat!
I make my own and I send them out to anyone who asks. i started sending them out when I wrote my Dresden Kaleidoscope ebook. I love making them. I have your address so I will send you one. Or I can send you the electronic file and you can print it off. they need to be clear plastic so you can trace the elements of the fabrics or you can mark and cut out the repeats.

You can use them to make quilts / tablerunners/ wall hangings/ doll quilts/ I used them to make a tote and a mousepad in the ebook.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM

Rhonda could you send me a template so I can order your e-file and try your dresden plates. They'd make beautiful hot pads, mug rugs, etc.. I have a regular dresden plate template but these look way different. Think you have my address but if not let me know. Will gladly pay you for it, just let me know. Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

Thankyou, i have a stupid tablet, and i mean stupid. He wont let me get into email and i dont have a printer. Those dresdens are
Spectactular. And all those books with the blocks you made are just fantastic. I could see a beginer making one of your blocks into a hugh block as a quilt. Soooo many ideas.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Rhonda could you send me a template so I can order your e-file and try your dresden plates. They'd make beautiful hot pads, mug rugs, etc.. I have a regular dresden plate template but these look way different. Think you have my address but if not let me know. Will gladly pay you for it, just let me know. Thanks
are you wanting the PDF file with the template you can download or did you want me to mail you a template already cut out? Just want to make sure I have it right!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 AM

I would also love the Dresden template and the 1 1/2 square template. I think you have my address. Thanks for being so generous.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 AM

Sent you my e-mail Rhonda. If it will print out right I can have 1 made here at the lumber company. They'll usually cut it out when they have time if you buy the acrylic.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

When is the item swap names distributed. I think its this week, maybe.
Im ready to mail.
Whos on the list??????
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
When is the item swap names distributed. I think its this week, maybe.
Im ready to mail.
Whos on the list??????
Lynnie, you are my partner, there were just the 3 of us and I am partnering with both of you. I can't PM you with my address because your inbox is full. Did you subscribe to the scrap swap thread? That is helpful. I am ready to send as well, but the official date is March 1st. (I asked this too and exchanged PMs with Rhonda).

Last edited by Foxflower; 02-21-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

I had thought we had more interested in the thread and was hoping to get more signed up. sorry I didn't post an official mail date. I'm hoping to get more involved in this.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sent you my e-mail Rhonda. If it will print out right I can have 1 made here at the lumber company. They'll usually cut it out when they have time if you buy the acrylic.
I use thin plastic as you need to be able to trace the features of the fabric onto your template. then if you only have one template you have to erase the lines so you can go on to a different blade for each dresden k. I'm not sure how well acrylic would work for that. I like to just have a lot of the templates cut out and t hen I just use as many as I need and go back later to erase and reuse them.

I use clear template plastic and I use a fine point marker to mark the elements of the fabric onto the template. Acrylic won't take a marker on it. I have used ink on an acrylic template but it isn't easily erased.
Attached Thumbnails strip-work-006.jpg  

Last edited by Rhonda; 02-21-2013 at 11:47 AM.