Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Withdrawals >

Quilting Withdrawals

Quilting Withdrawals

Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 PM

Default Quilting Withdrawals

We recently sold our home and relocated to a new custom-built home. We sold in August, moved out on September 15; lived in a small cabin for 2 months and moved into the new house in late November. It has been an upheaval! I am still unpacking the household necessities. My LongArm has been packed away since August and is now being serviced before putting back into operation. In fact ALL my sewing machines and fabric stash has been out of sight for tooooo long. I am anxious to get back to work on all my projects; it will be like Christmas all over again! I can hardly wait!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM

I am excited for you. Enjoy all your play things.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 PM

I went through a similar move earlier this year. All of my sewing items were packed away from March until July - waaaaaay too long without sewing. I understand your withdrawals and hope you are back to sewing real soon! Please post pictures of your new sewing space once it is all set up. Congratulations on your new home.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 PM

It will be like Christmas morning in your house when you finally unpack and get to look at all your things again. Enjoy.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

I would have a really hard time going that long without sewing. I am working on my 17th quilt for this year. I sew every evening and on the weekends.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

I get a little cranky if I can't get to my quilting. I hope everything gets back to normal soon and you can sew up a storm.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 AM

I am going through the same thing. We are finally getting settled into our new home. Still have not had the opportunity to do any sewing, reasons are my choice, but did pull out a box of scraps and have been cutting them down into various sized squares. Have a great time in your new home and sewing room!!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 AM

Spend this time planning what your next projects will be. Lay up your stores for when summer comes again!

I feel a little of your pain. I sold my sewing machine and am waiting for the one I ordered to come in...but it has only been a few days...

It will be so wonderful when you get all organized and can get to it, though, and in a brand new house! Christmas indeed!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 AM

Congrats on the new house. We just moved into a new home we built this past February. It was hard waiting to get around to unpacking my craft room, so many things need to be unpacked first, kitchen, bathrooms, clothes, beds have to be put together. You know! But now that it's all together I LOVE it! I hope you have fun putting your sewing stuff together. You'll have fun, like you said, like Christmas all over again! When you DO get to get out all your toys!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on your new house! Have fun when you get everyting up and running. Hope you do not have to wait to much longer!!!!