Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Road2CA quilt show, Ontario California, who's going? want to meet? >

Road2CA quilt show, Ontario California, who's going? want to meet?

Road2CA quilt show, Ontario California, who's going? want to meet?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

Default Road2CA quilt show, Ontario California, who's going? want to meet?

This will be the first time I can go to the Road to California quilt show. We're driving down from Oregon, then on to San Diego area to visit family. I plan to go to the preview night (Wednesday 1/23) and to the show on Thursday (1/24). Would anyone like to meet up at the show?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM

You are going to have SO much fun! I haven't been in a few years, I used to volunteer to hang quilts b4 the show opened and white glove during the show, going all 3 days. That was when I lived about 20 minutes away and did all this with a dear friend who has since moved out of state. Now I live about an hour away (not anywhere near as far as YOU are driving!) but when my friend moved I lost the incentive and joy that I used to have.

Sorry to miss the chance to meet you and others, but I don't think I'll be going this year either.

Side note, it is so easy to be tempted to buy lots of yummy fabrics and vendor related items, LOL.

Looking forward to a full report when you return!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 AM

When is the show?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 AM

The show starts next Thursday through Sunday, classed start on Monday I think. I am going on Saturday as I work, it is such a great show with lots of vendors.
Enjoy sorry can't meet up with you.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 AM

four of my friends are going and have a room in the hotel adjoining the show building, their classes start Monday and then they have classes or lectures everyday thru Saturday morning...they are driving back Saturday evening....sigh, wish I would fit in their suitcases......the van does have a big tire well, but I would be a sorry replacement for the spare if they should need it. Sigh....... have fun dunster and be sure to visit quilt-in-a-day in SD, the werehouse is awsome.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM

Hi, I'm there tomorrow for a longarm class. Wed, and thur. Night time for the party . I'm here from AZ. Where do you want to meet?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by msmariab5 View Post
Hi, I'm there tomorrow for a longarm class. Wed, and thur. Night time for the party . I'm here from AZ. Where do you want to meet?
I don't know the setup there. I'll send you a pm. I'm interested to hear about your longarm class. If I had more time there I would have liked to take some.