Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Should You Be Doing Instead of Reading the Boards? >

What Should You Be Doing Instead of Reading the Boards?

What Should You Be Doing Instead of Reading the Boards?

Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 AM

I'm at an age where I don't care about what I "should" be doing, but I'm doing what I enjoy doing! Finished a baby quilt last night I have noticed that the bobbin side stitches left loops in some areas. I used my walking foot to do the quilting. Not sure if it was the foot or maybe the way the thread was wound on the bobbin. But today I "should" be fixing those areas ... but not right now ... I'm on the board and loving it! I know you'll get back to your ripping out, but enjoy the board! It's a great place to wind down! Happy Quilting!!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:12 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I'm supposed to be outside working on a landscape project with my husband...shhhhh...don't tell. I came in to get some water, and knowing that I won't actually get to do any quilting today, am getting my fix vicariously....
Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Wink

I have two little dresses and a pair of sleep pants laying on the table, waiting to be sewn. Also need to reconcile the checking acct.s and pay bills today-- ugh! This is how I procrastinate!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:36 AM

Cleaning my house. Talked yesterday with a friend who still 'house cleans' every spring and fall. Never could get too excited about that kind of cleaning. I always remember all the years when I worked and all my weekends were spent cleaning a four bedroom-two bathroom home and putting all the things that I really wanted to do on the 'back burner'. Moved to a one bedroom-one bathroom house and I spend as much time as possible doing "what I want to do. Retirement is wonderful.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Right now I'm taking a break after finishing 12 more log cabin blocks for a black/white log cabin. I usually go to the QB when I need to rest my back and eyes after sewing for a few hours (my DH says I spend too many hours behind the sewing machine - never). After this I'll grab some lunch, then go sit in my recliner to rest my legs and back, but will probably also pick up a book I just started as well. I get so much inspiration on this site that I feel I need to go on it every day to be inspired.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM

I should be sewing. But had Sunday dinner later than usual so that is kind of throwing the afternoon off.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:04 PM

Joined in with virtual quilt Sunday. I started at 5am while I was watching car racing and kept going all day. I should be trying to find batting for the quilt top I've made. So. Far only large pieces and reluctant to cut up. My dogs are curling up on me hinting its time to sleep.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:21 PM

I should be sleeping . I went to bed around 9last night, only to come up out of that bed at 12:30 ready to go so sat down to visit hear awhile only to be talking to myself. my cell dinged so my best friend was home alone as her hubby was staying with his mother [she's elderly] BF wanted to come over . we sat in my sewing room dreaming up projects for later , til 5a.m. I did all my ironing done while we had a good time.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 PM

I was reading this post yesterday while taking a break from quilting. I quickly decided to turn off the computer and get back to quilting. Thanks for the push!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 PM

I should be working on taxes. Guess I'd better close email and browsing and get back to work.