Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan. >

Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan.

Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

I picked mine up at the grocery store!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:35 AM

Don't forget your local bookstore. Found mine at Books-A-Million. Was thinking I'd only buy the first issue (usually the best) which was great, but after thumbing through this one, had to buy it and probably will continue. Just too good!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 AM

Is this the second issue? I have 2, but I'm wondering if this is the third issue. I absolutely love this magazine. I think I'm going to have to subscribe.
Sue
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Jenny Doan did an impromptu late night video with her son recently and said on it that if you ordered the summer issue from MSQC she would autograph it. So, I ordered it from them and then called to make sure I got her autograph. They said she only autographed the first one. I said that she stated on the impromptu video she would autograph it. They said to go to the home page and go to the bottom of the page and click on 'call us' and write that she said she would autograph it. And she DID!!!!

I own the first one in paperback and in digital. No autograph though. She autographed it on page four, really tiny, with just 'Jenny'. It was hard to find. My friend did the same thing and I told her where to look for the autograph. She said she would have missed it if I hadn't told her where to look.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM

So now this is the third one.....I was just an a JoAnn's yesterday saturday and only saw first and second...oh dear, will have to go back for the new one...the Walmart nearest me has NEVER had any of them.......strange....I wonder about Target, one not too far from here.......
Old 03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

I'm pretty sure there has only been two issue of Quilting Quickly featuring Jenny Doan. Spring and Summer of 2013. If there is another I missed it. I ordered it from MSQC along with a Deal of the Day to save on shipping.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM

Ok then I have both issues...forgot already what was in that latest one....I use my go die cutter for tumbler, a little smaller but works. I have the template for half hex and the troublesome periwinkle. Which, I must add is on that terrific app that bellaboo made mention of. It is called Arkansas star on that app and done with piecing without foundation. I will try it. Thanks for the info on that free app...it is really a good source of info....
Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM

I bought the first issue at Books a Million and the second one with a 40% off at Hobby Lobby. Love both of them.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 PM

I got one yesterday at Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupon savings!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:41 PM

We can get it at Hastings Book stores out here. That's where I buy mine. BTW: Bellaboo Jenny also has a video tutorial on making the flag quilt. I love Jenny. I would love to meet her sometime.