Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Best Easy Fruit Salad >

Best Easy Fruit Salad

Best Easy Fruit Salad

Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 AM

that looks yummy! i have a fruit salad i make a lot - the original recipe is from a Paula Deen cookbook. it is so easy to make:
1 can pineapple chunks, drained (save the juice fom this)
1 can fruit cocktail or chunky mixed fruit (drained)
1 small can mandarin oranges (drained)
1 small jar maraschino cherries (drained)
bananas, sliced

dump all the fruit except for bananas in a large bowl. in a seperate bowl combine the pineapple juice with 3 tablepoons Tang (instant breakfast drink) then add 1 small package of lemon instant pudding mix and mix well. pour over fruit and chill well - add bananas right before serving( i usually don't add the bananas because i don't like bananas mixed with anything )

i have made this four times in the last week and a half. my mother just finished chemo for breast cancer and NOTHING tastes good to her but she did eat this with cottage cheese. My sister is visiting and she insisted i make a DOUBLE batch of it (rumor has it she was heard scraping the bowl in the middle of the night - lol)
Also as a side note for anyone dealing with someone going through chemo - this was my mom's second bout with breast cancer and for some reason nothing tasted right but we discovered that if she eats her food with plastic utensils it did taste better for her.