Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
acuquilt >

acuquilt

acuquilt

Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Do you want to leave all your money to your children to have fun with
Isn't that the truth! So silly to leave money you could have spent on yourself to be spent by your children after you are gone. DH and I paid every penny of our kids college to give them the head start to take care of themselves and not be dependent on us. We closed the purse strings after the last one graduated.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:32 AM

I have the Go machine. It is alright, but the dies are so expensive. If making just one quilt of the die, it is not worth it.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 AM

I bought one and didn't like it. I sold it but kept the dies, and got a Big Shot Pro. I LOVE my Big Shot Pro.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 PM

It really depends on your prefered quiltmaking style. I do a lot of strip piecing...especially when making half and quarter square triangles, and also nine patch units. I bought the Acuquilt Go! to use for cuttiing strips...got a great deal from a person who was selling her Go and dies...otherwise I would never have gotten one.

I also bought a Sizzix cutter (larger one) & like it pretty well. The dies I got to go with it were not very large..more for scrapbooking.. or maybe a dear Jane quilt.

Would I buy the Go again? Yes, if I could get it at the price I did...full price...if I had the money, probably. Looking for deals on more dies now.

It's good if you have trouble cutting with a rotary cutter or have a arthritis. It would be nice to have one that was automatic, no cranking the handle.

Originally Posted by cjhydeaway View Post
Do you have an accuquilt? Like it? Pro and cons please.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by cdwatson View Post
I have just purchased an Accuquilt with the three dies. I will be adding dies slowly as I go along (because of price). Which dies would you purchase first?
I ordered the Calico Cat, the Calico Dog, the Flowers, the Alphabet, Numbers and hearts and a few mats. Tomorrow is taking a long time to get here LOL and I'll only have part of the order tomorrow. The Go itself. The other stuff is being shipped separately.

robin
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Thumbs up

I have the Go - love it for hexagon and "apple core" cutting. Prefer rotary cutter for strips and squares.
Also have the rag quilt die and haven't had time to use it yet but looking forward to no snipping!

Last edited by norwalkgma; 06-12-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: forgot item
Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by cjhydeaway View Post
Do you have an accuquilt? Like it? Pro and cons please.
I was gifted with one, but before I had it out of the box I started a bit of research and learned about Ebony Love. She is the QUEEN OF DIE CUTTING MACHINES. She has tons of video demonstrations on YouTube. Go watch and learn. Her knowledge has been put into a book that should be owned by anyone who wants/needs to use dies as a means of producing parts for their quilts. Based on what I read there, I sold my Go! and purchased a Sizzic Big Shot Pro. The reason? The Big Shot can take dies manufactured by any company, not just AccuQuilt. I also recommend the Yahoo group pinsandneedles1 owned by Kathy who gives a huge discount on Go! dies. [email protected]
Old 06-13-2013, 04:20 PM

I buy from Kathy at [email protected] she can get you just about any cutter, die, rulers, gadgets ect at a good discount price!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:34 AM

I totally agree!!! Worth the money..we save and save money too...but now starting to spend. I want to enjoy life and not just give everything to my kids when I die. Not to say we still do not save a lot for retirement...so we can enjoy it.
Originally Posted by pflum1 View Post
My accuquilt "go" is several years old and I have about 100 of the dies. I use it for stripes, squares & circle mostly. I don't cut triangle with it as I use a different method of sewing triangle so they don't stretch. I think it's more precious in cutting than using a ruler. Much faster, but I never cut over 4 layers are a time. Do you need one??, Did you need a microwave? It's a new toy and life is short. Do you want to leave all your money to your children to have fun with? I don't drink or smoke, so if I want a new die every month, I have saved enough to get one. I do have several dies that I never have used. Someone was asking how to get the sample dies. If you sign up for Accuquilt newsletter, you will get an email when they come out with a new set of dies.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:36 AM

I have made several rag quilts. You will love it. Very easy. I use left over batting and make them as I get left over batting. What is nice is when you are done no binding needs to be put on and all the quilting is done as you go.
Originally Posted by norwalkgma View Post
I have the Go - love it for hexagon and "apple core" cutting. Prefer rotary cutter for strips and squares.
Also have the rag quilt die and haven't had time to use it yet but looking forward to no snipping!