Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have one of these? >

Do you have one of these?

Do you have one of these?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:07 PM

Forgot to add, love the breathable seat &back too. Hope the link works! It looks weird! Just Google Herman Miller.
Good luck!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM

It looks like a recovered office chair. Go to Staples.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM

Like Tartan and carolaug I bought my chair at Staples when they were on sale. I've had mine for 5 years now and no complaints so far.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 PM

Conniemaried, i too am tall with long legs (5'10") and I have a very bad back (6 surgeries) and I have yet to find a chair that is comfortable for an extended amount of time so I just work with what I have & take many breaks. Let me know if you ever find a chair that has excellent lower lumbar and bra strap support area. PLEASE
Old 07-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Power Poster

I bought an executive office chair at a thrift store for $20 about 8 years ago. We were in Florida and brought it back to Alabama. It has been my quilting chair ever since. My DH bought me a massager for the back of the chair and it works just fine but not for long periods of time.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 AM

I have lumbar issues and I'm short. Couldn 't find a chair that was comfortable, adjustable and moved about smoothly and quickly on hardwood floors. Have an L shaped work center. Had tried many different chairs including straight backed ones. We were in Walmart and my son spotted a mn adjustable, smooth rolling chair made exactly like the one in the picture you sent for something like $29.95. He said he'd buy it for me and I kept telling him it was cheap and a waste of $30.00 but he insisted. I LOVE IT! The member who said she leaned forward when she sewed is correct and I think we all do subconsciously...(could it be vision deficits that make us do that?)
Old 07-10-2013, 05:57 AM

I also do not use the foot pedal but the on/off button on my Janome. I have a foot rest under my table.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 AM

Yes you will get disc creep with extended sitting. If you don't have stenosis, then the most important thing is to keep the lumbar curve in place by supporting it. OTOH, if it is true sciatica and not caused by the disc, the issue is the compression at the piriformis (butt) muscle. In which case, foot positioning is very important. If you have stenosis--moderate to severe, nothing will really help except maybe leaning ever so slightly forward.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 AM

They are not able to give u price cuz it depends on what grade of fabric u picked out for the chair. Some fabrics costs more than other. Once upon selection of fabrics then they can quote you.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 AM

I use a Staples high back adjustable office chair too but added a portable mesh back support I got at a quilt show for under $20 (may be more now). It's an additional adjustable mesh lumbar support that fastens with elastic around the back of the chair. You could use in the car too. You might find them at Bed Bath and Beyond or even at Staples.