Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY HOUSES, CHICKENS & BARN SWAP Signups thru 9-06-13 - Due 10-06-13 >

FUNKY HOUSES, CHICKENS & BARN SWAP Signups thru 9-06-13 - Due 10-06-13

FUNKY HOUSES, CHICKENS & BARN SWAP Signups thru 9-06-13 - Due 10-06-13

Old 07-20-2013, 05:52 AM

Default FUNKY HOUSES, CHICKENS & BARN SWAP Signups thru 9-06-13 - Due 10-06-13

Funky Houses, Chickens, & Barn Swap Signups thru 9-06-13 - Due 10-06-13

Funky Houses, Chickens, & Barn Swap block size 6 1/2 -up to 12 1/2

Calling all House, Chicken, & Barn lovers! Hoping to have lots of fun making all shapes, colors & sizes of Houses, Chickens, & Barns.

Block rules:

Blocks are to be made in sets of 6, one of which will be returned to you. No duplicate sets without prior permission, and each set of 6 must be of the same design, but the fabrics may vary.

You may make up to 6 sets of 6 blocks each for a total of 36 blocks.

BLOCK SIZES: Block sizes are from 6 1/2 up to 12 1/2 in size & divisible by 3.

NO 3 1/2 SIZE BLOCKS!

Your blocks should be divisible by 3” when finished. The blocks can be square or rectangle, so long as both finished sides are divisible by three. Be sure to add seam allowances to your unfinished blocks. So a finished block of 6x6, should be sent to me unfinished at 6.5x6.5. A rectangle that will finish at 6x12, should be sent to me at 6.5x12.5 and so on…. If you are unsure what to add for seam allowance, please PM me. All skill levels are invited to participate. Be sure to use quality 100% cotton fabrics & appropriate threads that will withstand repeated washings, and your fabrics MUST be pre-washed. ** If you’re using jellyrolls that won’t be pre-washed, please make a note of that on your block labels.

Block Styles: All block styles are encouraged. Traditional pieced, paper pieced, embroidery machine. applique (applique must be stitched down to the fabric)

Please do your best work and make something that you would want to have, because you WILL be getting back a block of your own, so use fabrics & designs that you are proud to send in and will be happy to get back.

How to label blocks: blocks are labeled with your user name and real name if you wish, and that they have no holes or tears or have too small of seam allowances that would make them unfit to swap, and that they are the size they are supposed to be, in other words, 6 1/2 inches means 6 1/2 inches, not 6 3/8 inches, etc.

What are the deadlines?
Sign-ups for this swap end on September 6th. You can post your intent to sign-up in this thread or you can PM me. Once you sign-up, I will send you my mailing address.

The mail due-date for the blocks is October 6th. I will swap in mid-October. Any blocks I receive after 14 October will be returned unswapped. Of course, if you have your blocks finished sooner, I encourage you to mail sooner! Get them out of your way! Send them to me so they can be in my way!! LOL

Mailing & Postage
For Mailing: please put blocks in a large ziploc baggie along with your name and address on/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package gets damaged.
Include a self-addressed label.
Include a USPS money order, stamps, or cash for $6.00 to cover return postage to you. Blocks will be sent in padded flat rate envelopes, with Delivery Confirmation. I get these envelopes free from usps.com.
If proper postage is not sent, your package will wait until adequate funds are received. Please do not send your own envelopes.

PM me to sign up:

Board Name
Real Name
Mailing address
Phone (in case of problems)
Number of sets

In addition to the above, please follow all the basic rules, found here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

BASICS

- Up to 6 sets of 6 blocks
- Each SET of 6 must be of the same block design
Each SET must be of different design than other sets
You will get one of your blocks back
- Include enough postage
- Mail BY 9/30, after 10/4 use Express mail.

Questions? Suggestions? Problems?

PM me any time
This swap was approved by PatriceJ
Old 07-20-2013, 06:04 AM

Here are a few free chicken patterns! Really cute!
http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...-chickens.html

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-23-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: remove copyright image
Old 07-20-2013, 06:13 AM

For funky houses or barns you can check out pinterest. Here are the houses: http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=...quilt%20blocks

Also, there are past swaps for funky houses & chickens:
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...rs-t42243.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...rs-t42243.html
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 AM
som

im in , just got my funky Halloween blocks done ,will be mailing them this week

SOM
Old 07-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

Yippee!!! I am in muse and sew! I will let you know how many sets later and you have all my information already from the Halloween swap, ok? Thanks so VERY much for hosting this.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:04 PM

I will see what I can get done before signing up. I like to be almost done so I know I can make it . I am excited so not at home right now so will see what I can do.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 PM

Som, Red, & owlvamp sew excited to have you join in on the fun! We're off to a good start.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:08 AM

If I send in six funky chickens, do I get back five funky chickens plus one of my own?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Yay quilter momma! Yup that is the way it works alright. Except you don't usually get one back unless that is the rule in the swap. Which in this swap it is. When it isn't the rule I always make seven and keep one for myself.

I am so glad to see ya in the swap.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:46 PM

QuilterMomma,
Yes, you'll get back five funky chickens, or houses, & one of the chickens you made! I can make a note, (if you only want chickens), but I can't guarantee that you'll only get chickens. The swap is for Funky Houses, Chickens, & Barns. If we get enough people in the swap, I can work with everyone!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
If I send in six funky chickens, do I get back five funky chickens plus one of my own?