Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
hello from  Massachusetts >

hello from Massachusetts

hello from Massachusetts

Old 09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
tj

hi all im new to this message board.... but i've been lurking in the back round :wink: :D this has been the best message boared i have ever lurked in you all seem to be so vary helpful. been quilting for many years and love it.
right now im working on a wedding ring star hope to get more of it done this weekend. this is the first curved quilt i have done curves have always scared me but thought what the heck never know tell you try... right??
Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM

Welcome! I'd love to see your quilt, any pictures yet?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:59 PM
tj

hi moonpi thanks for the welcome! and no have no pictures as of yet. it's still in to many pieces yet. but i sure will get a picture out as soon as it gets more togather
Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Hi tj, glad you decided to join us :D Wow, curved pieces, just the thought sends tremors down my spine, LOL. Can't wait to see the pictures, I bet it is going to be gorgeous!!!!! This really is a great group, I am so glad that I joined, too :D :D :D
Old 09-14-2007, 07:04 AM

Hi TJ and welcome!! It's great to see someone else from MA. Where do you live. I live on the Cape (East Sandwich, to be exact).

judyjo
Old 09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
tj

hi judyjo i live in Winchendon ma. a town right next to gardner ma .i have only lived in ma sence1999 i'm originally from michigan. mas is a lot like mich as for weather... the only thing i find that i dont care for here ,is there are no quilt shops around here :cry:
Old 09-14-2007, 03:38 PM

Hello TJ and welcome from New Zealand. (that's right down the bottom of the globe, just above the Antartic) Can't wait to see your pics, I'm sure your quilt will be smashing. :P
Old 09-15-2007, 05:36 AM

tj, I was looking at the map and it doesn't look like you're far from Fitchburg or Athol and you're definitely close to the NH border....any quilt shops in those areas? Also .... do a search on the web for MA quilt guilds. Whatever search engine you use will come up with quilt guilds in a lot of states. Just scroll down until you find MA quilt guilds and find one or more that are near you. They all list contact people and one of them should be able to tell where you could find a store. Down here we have at least a 1/2 dozen. In fact we have more quilt stores than actual fabric stores.

judjo
Old 09-15-2007, 06:17 AM
tj

thank you for that info judyjo. and your right i am vary close to the NH border. there is one place in NH i just love but its still a little over an hour drive . its keepsake quilting in center harbor NH.

tj
Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 PM

Hi Tj--I live in Keene, NH, not far from you, and we have New England Fabrics, Moses House Quilt Shoppe and a Jo-Anns Store. There was a Hancock Fabric on John Fitch Hwy, Fitchburg, MA but I'm not sure if it is still open; they closed a lot of their stores. There is also Terry's...a little Quilt Shoppe at 61 No. Main St. Leominster, MA. Met Terry at a recent quilt show but haven't been to her shop yet. Hope this helps you out a little.