Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Triangle Quilt from Grandchildren's Quilts >

Triangle Quilt from Grandchildren's Quilts

Triangle Quilt from Grandchildren's Quilts

Old 09-15-2013, 01:20 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I am touched by your story and am now reconsidering how to handle some of my own 88 year old mother's work for my siblings and her grands.

Jan in VA
Old 09-15-2013, 04:25 AM

Amazing, do you do anything other than quilt? You must be terribly busy, you've accomplished so much and such a beautiful job. It is so heartwarming to here she loved the quilt so much she wants to take it with her. Congratulations on your accomplishments.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
What a wonderful daughter-in-law you are. Your work is amazing.
You are an amazing daughter in law....would love to have one like you....have one that is close!!! (One not so much)
Old 09-15-2013, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I am touched by your story and am now reconsidering how to handle some of my own 88 year old mother's work for my siblings and her grands.

Jan in VA
I am the "finisher", Jan. I go visit, see something she's started probably 30 years ago or longer, and I take it home and finish it for her. And not just her, I finished baby afghans for sisterinlaws and quilts for nieces. While I was with my MotherInLaw for those six weeks I found embroidered pillowcases she had done. The crocheted edge had been made by MILs GRANDMOTHER. There are exactly enough sets for each of her granddaughters to receive one. Most of these are finished but some need embroidery finished or the crochet edge done. When I need a quilting break I am finishing her embroidered pillowcases. The plan is to gift a set on each granddaughters birthday the year following grandmas passing.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:06 AM

That is a wonderful story so full of love & dedication. Awesome quilts & journey that you are taking her family on.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:26 AM

Nice quilts.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Maryb119....you've given me more tears today. Thank you for your story too. I sat down to put her label on the back and called her at our daily time. My niece answered the phone with tears and told me they were takings MIL to the hospital. She's been growing so weary all week and it came to a head this morning. Needless to say I am a mess. I know my MIL has seen a picture of the quilt. I hope she gets to cuddle it as well.
It sounds like we both were blessed with wonderful MIL's. These women are so special and the quilts will be a treasure for those left behind....like a warm hug. I hope your MIL gets to cuddle with her quilt, too.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

my condolences on the passing of your FIL. the quilts and sentiment are beautiful
Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 AM

All I can say is that you are very challenged to make all these quilts. Also God will surely bless you for doing them.
Not many people have mother in laws that they love this much. I never had the chance to meet mine she had passed away before I met my husband. I think making quilts for all my kids and grands a big job, have 6 kids and 20 grands, by the time I get one set made and start another they are all waiting with hopes of a new one.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Two wonderful stories. Both of you are so blessed to have loving mothers-in-law. However, they were also blessed to have loving and devoted DILs. I would love to have that kind of family. Thanks for sharing such heartwarming love.