Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cats & Quilts Question >

Cats & Quilts Question

Cats & Quilts Question

Old 09-23-2013, 12:23 PM

God bless whoever invented 'lint rollers'!
I don't usually have a lot of trouble with Tigger on my projects, unless he is wanting to be petted. He doesn't sleep in my room except for his designated spots.

With that said, when I was longarm quilting for customers I had a few quilts I could not keep him off. As soon as that happened he was put out of the room. I asked one of the customers did she have pets and she said yes, her cat enjoyed being with her while she worked on her projects. She must have rolled the quilt top very well as I didn't see cat hair, but Tigger sure could smell the other cat.

Jennifer
Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Best and only thing to use is that Roller that Pledge put out...can find at Walmart in dusting product sections...Much better then the Lint Rollers...Plus it store the lint in an attached plastic top...When full throw out or a little secret...cut the top remove lint, scotch tape over and reuse...
Old 09-23-2013, 04:17 PM

when I first got my LA if I had a quilt on the machine I had to cover the area I was quilting (with aluminum foil)when I wasn't there. the girls (cats) thought it was hammocks for them.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:35 AM

My cat never goes into my sewing room or my spare room or my bedroom. On the rare occasion that I leave something down its not a problem when it comes to the cat. she sheds but its not as clingy. The shedding is what made me break her from going into my bedroom, which is now my sewing room. I can never get out of the house without animal hair on me. My problem is my two dogs, all I ever do is vacuum and it still looks like my carpet is growing dog hairs. The good thing on that one is that I have taught them both, the big and little one not to get onto furniture but it sure goes thru the air enough. Use a roller or anything to remove it and then wash when its done.