Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sew cloth dolls and quilts to give away - good idea, yes? >

Sew cloth dolls and quilts to give away - good idea, yes?

Sew cloth dolls and quilts to give away - good idea, yes?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Go for it! The comfort you give to someone, whether that someone is young, old or in between, can't be measured.

Please read the post below on the importance of dolls, which is something I only recently learned. With luck, it will confirm the direction your heart is taking you. God bless you.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...t-t230781.html
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 AM

Oh, that sounds like such a wonderful idea! Please let me know how it goes. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
Go for it! The comfort you give to someone, whether that someone is young, old or in between, can't be measured.

Please read the post below on the importance of dolls, which is something I only recently learned. With luck, it will confirm the direction your heart is taking you. God bless you.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...t-t230781.html
The first time I read that I cried, and this time there were more responses so I'm typing this through watery eyes.

You know, with all the bs out there, all those people that try to stop the pledge of allegiance in schools, make trouble for same sex couples, stop the celebration of Christmas in schools, picket funerals, should really put their energy into helping real people that truly need it, instead of causing more pain. It's too bad we couldn't do a global petition for Project Comfort or something, to make others aware of the real things that are happening in our own neighborhoods and hopefully stop them from conjuring up more tension.

I remember once at a previous job I was bitching to my boss about a coworker and he said "Nance, everyone has something to bring to the party." That was like, 18 years ago and I still keep it in mind. (I still complain, but not so much.) Maybe it's time for "Planet Party - Give Comfort a Chance".

Last edited by Butterfli19; 10-07-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 AM

I do something similar with the encourage of my very special husband. I designed my own simple dolls and clothes (for girls...thrift store for boys) and just sent out doll 162 two weeks ago. It has been fulfilling so I say ...full speed ahead. So many ladies donated fabric, lace and boy clothing that it has become a labor of love more then an expensive project (except for p&H). web site is below if you want to check it out.

I also write, knit, crochet, quilt a tiny bit and sew. LIFE IS GOOD.

Vickey S.
Vickey Stamps
Old 10-08-2013, 01:17 AM

Beautiful idea! go for it!
"all what the world needs,is LOVE"
Patricia