2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 12-06-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cathieinut View Post
Well look at you Jennalyn, you have a quilt already~! LOL
Pretty colors and you look dang happy to have that finished
Going to open clue 2 in a short bit
I was quite pleased, yes! I had it all done by last Sunday night except for some pressing. Finished that up on Tuesday and took it into work to put up on my design wall (no space at home for it and there was an empty wall at the office).

My Mom and friend/sister and I are all working on it in different colors, so it's really neat to see it appear so differently with each step!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM

I only have about half of clue one done. I will do some more tonight ....maybe.....or start on clue #2. Well that will have to wait until get home from work....Rather be SEWING!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:35 AM

I am also about half way done with clue #1. Going to give it another day before I start #2. I love that Bonnie used the other two colors in this clue. Love working with the bright happy colors!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM

Um, because clearly I truely have NOTHING else to do.....

I do like the colors I have cut out for the small size. And it's gone together crazy fast since it's little blocks yet.

But I want a king size for ME. Which means different colors.

So I'm starting a second one. And I'm ignoring the scrappy rules because I just don't have that many scraps. Smaller than 1/4 yard gets cut up into rodent hammocks or fluff. Most of the time anything under 1/2 yard winds up in that. So I've got my neutral as a very pale gray, yellow is now a very cool toned light medium pink, orange is now slate blue, green is now a dark sapphire, and blue is now a dark blackened navy. And I've got enough make pillow shams. And covers for the dog beds (but not this ornate of quilting).

So now, I've got 7 quilts in process. What?
Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 PM

QuiltedCello, what sort of rodent hammocks do you make? I sew them as well for my critters.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Just finished cutting the green fabrics for Clue 2.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450216[/ATTACH]

Yeah, QuiltedCello. We are even. LOL. Now I don't feel so bad with ADD and OCD! I have company.
Attached Thumbnails celtic-solstice-clue-2-greens-001.jpg   celtic-solstice-clue-2-greens-003.jpg  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jennalyn View Post
QuiltedCello, what sort of rodent hammocks do you make? I sew them as well for my critters.
I've got rats, mice, African Soft Furred and Degus. The 'goos don't get hammocks because they are so chew obsessed and they'd eat the fabric. The ratties get hammocks, the meese and ASFs get hammocks and the little scraps to stuff in nests.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltedCello View Post
I've got rats, mice, African Soft Furred and Degus. The 'goos don't get hammocks because they are so chew obsessed and they'd eat the fabric. The ratties get hammocks, the meese and ASFs get hammocks and the little scraps to stuff in nests.
I'm a rat-mom as well! They chew them up as fast as I can sew them, but I don't whip them out all that fast anymore... so it's fine. xD At least they have fun doing it.

Caroline, I really love your greens!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 PM

I'm finished clue #1 and have the pieces cut for clue #2. It seems that clue #2 will take much longer. I wonder if it's even possible to finish it in a week... I'm hoping once I get the lines drawn on the squares it will go much faster. I'm in the middle of a few other projects that are on hold while I try to keep up with the clues.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:28 PM

I have half of the pieces cut for clue 2 and decided to sew a few. I have not done much flip and sew....mostly templates...and then I get a little dislexic and put the chevrons together with the yellow in the center top rather than the neutral...I think this clue will take me most of the week. I do like how they turn out when I do them right!