Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
You know you have to much fabric when >

You know you have to much fabric when

You know you have to much fabric when

Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 PM

I knew I had to much fabric when I brought home some fat quarters and had nowhere to put them. I knew I had reached my limit when I could not store a piece of 18 X 20 piece of fabric.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:36 PM

This made me have such a chuckle!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Power Poster

And I thought I was bad or should I say my daughter thinks I am bad. She says no more fabric stores for me for a while....LOL..
Old 11-16-2013, 06:31 PM

I, too, lost some fabric, all in shades of aqua. My son is to be married Mar or Apr. and it was for his wedding. However, I talked to him today and told him I am making his daughter, 21, one for Christmas. Today I found his fabric after 6 months. It was to be a copy of a log cabin that moves up the quilt into a heart. But because of time, it may be a Disappearing 9 patch. His daughter's quilt was hand quilted by my Amish friend in Pa., but now she got a
king size bed, so guess what, I am adding 18" to all 4 sides. So the 3 borders I am adding may be machine quilted
and not hand quilted. How do we always get into these ruts when the holidays are coming. It is beyond me. haha
Old 11-16-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
Good for You! .... for finding the fabric and organizing the fabric. I did that a while ago and it's been so easy to chose the correct fabric.

Now when you shop your stash...pay yourself for the fabric you use...thereby saving up for the next shopping trip!

We like pictures so post some if you have some!

Nan
Man I love the idea of shopping from your stash And then paying yourself. I do shop from mine but never thought of paying myself and saving for the next trip. Love it and will definitely start paying to save. Love, love love it!!!!!!!

Last edited by coastienest; 11-16-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-16-2013, 08:43 PM

That was hilarious! Asking if anyone had turned in a bag of fabric.

I love the ruler folding method, too. Looks so neat .
Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 PM

I need to organize my stash too. 2 weeks ago I decided I needed a certain fabric for the borders of the quilt I am making for my DS for Christmas. I went to the LQS where I was sure i had seen it the week before. I was saying bad words in my head because I couldn't find it. Suddenly the light in my head went on. I thought you idiot that fabric is at home in your stash. Sure enough I went home and there it was. I was so annoyed with myself that I forgot the binding fabric I needed.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:11 PM

I re-fold about every 6 months in opposite direction just to air the fabric out, and if it is out on a shelf, it can fade real easy even tho not in the sun.. and that makes for streaks on the fabric fold.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
GrammaNan - ruler folding is very easy -- fold your fabric with the selvedges together, then fold in half again. Place a 6 x 12 inch ruler along one of the raw edges, then keep folding until you reach the end of your fabric. I believe there is a tutorial on this process. I know a lot of people use the comic boards to fold their fabric on but I hardly have enough room for my fabric let alone adding boards to it.
Do you mean you make a round roll of fabic as opposed to as flat packet shape? I'm confused. However if you tell me that means I have to clean up my fabric, so I'm asking with trepidation!!! LOL
Old 11-17-2013, 08:31 AM

I just moved and my fabric's are all stacked willy-nilly So after I finish putting the house together I am going to get started on re-organizing and this sounds like a great way to get all this fabric under control.