Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have a chance to buy a Janome 350E >

Have a chance to buy a Janome 350E

Have a chance to buy a Janome 350E

Old 12-01-2013, 07:28 PM

Default Have a chance to buy a Janome 350E

I have been looking for awhile. I am a complete novice when it comes to embroidery. I found one that was traded in on an upgrade. I am not sure how old it is or how many hoops it has. He wants $800.00 for it, He will give me a full 1 year extended warranty. He will completely go through the machine with me to show me how to use it. Do you think this is a fair price? What questions should I have for him when I go to look, play, and drive. This will not be until after Jan 3, as he has yet had time to go through it, service it and etc. I don't want the dealer to think I am a complete idiot about this machine, I have been doing a lot of looking. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:00 PM

I've had this machine for about a year now and I absolutely love it! So easy to use and even my 11 yr old Granddaughter uses it all the time. She's working a Sunbonnet Sue months and loves it! It comes standard with 2 hoops and $800 seems like a fair price to me. I would certainly go and give it a test drive before you buy it. I had never used an embroidery machine before I bought mine and only spent a little while going over it and was using it by that evening! Just to let you know I've also only been sewing/quilting for 3 yrs, so that should tell you how very easy it was. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!
Blessings,
Crafty Darlene
Old 12-01-2013, 09:06 PM

I've had mine for a couple of years and love it! Seems like a good price. Very user friendly and stitches beautifully!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:58 PM

We bought a Janome 350E for our after school sewing ministry at our church. We love it! We did buy the recommended Janome prewound bobbins (this is a thinner thread than normal), Maderia rayon thread, needles and stabilizer. The kids love to embellish their projects. It is easy and fast to learn how to use.
I think you will be very pleased and the price is good also.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:17 AM

It's a great price for a great machine. I think you will enjoy every minute with it--I know I love mine:-)
Old 12-03-2013, 09:13 AM

I have had mine for 2 years now and love love love it...it has been getting a work out lately...I've posted some of the work I've done with it...I'm currently making 6 cushions with embroidered fronts and wow they are turning out great. I also embroidered 6 blocks for my dad's quilt which I'm working on right now also and I also make my labels with it....I buy pretty much all my embroidery designs from www.emblibrary.com . For 800 I would for sure buy it as they are over $1000 new.....Go try it out and see if you like it....I also just purchased a Giga-hoop for mine and have used it once and plan to use it again.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:03 PM

Thanks ladies for your info. I am really leaning towards buying it if it checks out OK. I will definitely try it out. The dealer told me I could play all day with it before making up my mind. My Dad passed away a year ago in May and left me a little cash, I think I will consider it my last present from him.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 PM

Since it is now an older machine, I'd see if you can get it for a bit less than $800...maybe $700.

As to the machine--I do like mine!