Chipmunk in the house!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 AM

Hope this is the right place to post this but it's too good to not share. BTW - it IS a true story

Now the story of the chipmunk:

Dasher (our cat) brought a chipmunk into the house. At first DH thought it was a bird in our bedroom, then saw the chipmunk. He said Dasher chased it out of the bedroom, but he didn't know where it was. I was in the living room, went looking for Dasher. Dasher was on guard mode in my craft room, behind my desk. We closed the door, I got on hands and knees and started pulling out my chair, the footrest, the garbage can.......the chipmunk came running out, ran up my arm and leaped behind me. He's now behind the file cabinet, under my cutting table. There are 2 file cabinets holding up the cutting table. I told DH we needed a fish net, he said the fish net's holes were too big. AH, I remember, I have a mesh bag that I use for dirty laundry in the trailer. So we got the bag, I went down on hands and knees, with flashlight to look behind the filing cabinet. The little rat ran UP my arm again, and out from under......now he's under the desk again!!! I crawled over, crawled under, and managed to catch him. Handed the bag and chipmunk to DH. OOPs, I'd left the flashlight on under the cutting table, behind the file cabinet. So, down on my knees again, crawled under the table..........but OH OH, chipmunk got loose AGAIN! Only THIS time, he leaped from DH's hands, onto my BUTT, ran up my back (at least 3 times) and into my hair. Meanwhile, I'm screaming like a little girl, trying to back out, but Dasher's between my legs trying to get at the chipmunk.......who is now caught in my hair!!!! WHEW!!!!!!! Yes, chipmunk was caught and released into the yard...I'm thinking he's about 20 miles from this madhouse by now!!! LOL LOL
Old 08-03-2009, 12:02 PM

OH MY!!!!! I think I would ahve left it to DH the second time it ran up your arm! I have long hair and that gave me the chills! :lol:
Old 08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

LMBO I could picture the whole episode in my head as I was reading this :lol: :lol: :lol: OH MY...I am still giggling over it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am glad to hear that there was a happy ending...but I am left wondering if dear Dasher won't bring home another "friend" to play??? :roll: :roll: :lol:
Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

Ah yes, the little darlings and their gifts. I laughed out loud at your story - and only because I recently had a live rat episode in the kitchen (thanks to Mr. Bean). Glad your furry got to live and see another day - mine was not so lucky.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Administrator

that story definitely stays right here. i'm laughing waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard to move it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-03-2009, 02:01 PM

That is so funny!:)I am sure you won't need any coffee soon!:)Skeat
Old 08-03-2009, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by amma
LMBO I could picture the whole episode in my head as I was reading this :lol: :lol: :lol: OH MY...I am still giggling over it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am glad to hear that there was a happy ending...but I am left wondering if dear Dasher won't bring home another "friend" to play??? :roll: :roll: :lol:
As a matter of fact...............found a dead chipmunk in the bathroom, in front of my sink today!!!! :lol: :lol: Guess the little doggy door for the cat is going to be closed for a while :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 08-03-2009, 03:04 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the laugh. I was imagining the whole thing in my head too. I also have long hair and I'm sure it would have quilt the tangle!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Too funny! Poor cat, probably thought he'd brought dinner :wink:
Old 08-03-2009, 05:12 PM

Too, too funny!!!! lol!!!!!!!! And I'm glad for you, that it's over! :D