Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Happy Late Christmas >

My Happy Late Christmas

My Happy Late Christmas

Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 AM

Red face My Happy Late Christmas

As my signature block says, my heart is in Indiana. My son, and the rest of our families, live in Indiana. We sent their Christmas to them, and we were able to listen as they opened their present on Christmas Eve. We tried to Skype it but couldn't get it to work. That was great. When we were done, he mentioned that our presents were going in the mail at the end of the week and he needed some more ideas because he had picked up a 'few' things, but it wasn't enough. I said I didn't want anything, just keep the money to help pay for their trip to visit us in April.

So last night, UPS brought a box from my son. We opened it and here is what I found -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454098[/ATTACH]
My husband had sent my son a message to let him know that the box had arrived. He called when he got home. I was almost in tears. EVERYTHING he purchased was bookmarked on my computer of things that I was looking at/hoping to buy sometime. Well, not everything - I would never have spent the money for the large (16.5"sq) ruler. I would have just made due with a smaller one.

I am sure that everyone here knows how much this meant to me. My husband doesn't understand. But then again he gave me a cookware set. I mentioned a couple of months ago that I loved my new ceramic stir fry plan, so he took that that I wanted cookware for Christmas. Thankfully my son is much more in tune than my husband of 27 years. I think I raised him pretty good.

So happy - Happy Dance!!!!
Attached Thumbnails christmas.jpg  
Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM

Oh my how sweet is that! What a wonderful son to be so in tune! Sounds like my husband and your's could be brother's , he gave me a big mixer for Christmas!! Haha!! He did give me earrings though so that made up for it!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Loving sons are the best! Great gifts!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:23 AM

My DH of 28 years gave me socks and a computer game. That was on sale. That won't play on my computer. I have no idea how many times over the years I've said that the best gift for me would be a gift certificate to our LQS.

Last edited by Baloonatic; 12-31-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 AM

Your son is a sweetheart for giving you gifts that you will use and definitely appreciate getting.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:31 PM

Wonderful son!!! Mine does stuff like that too and it sure feels good!! Am wondering what the pens are....marking pens or such? I need to learn to use Skype too!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

well Merry Christmas to you!! lovely presents. I assume he packed that ruler very well for it to have arrived safe and sound.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
Wonderful son!!! Mine does stuff like that too and it sure feels good!! Am wondering what the pens are....marking pens or such? I need to learn to use Skype too!
The pens are a complete set of Frixion pens - the ones that disappear with heat. I really wanted the other colors - the lighter colors work on the dark fabrics.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
well Merry Christmas to you!! lovely presents. I assume he packed that ruler very well for it to have arrived safe and sound.
It fit easily and securely in the box that contained my husband's backpack tackle box. lol
Old 12-31-2013, 01:26 PM

What a wonderful gift, your son did great. I have mine trained to buy Joann's gift certificates, LOL.