Pay it forward!!

Old 01-04-2014, 06:03 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default Pay it forward!!

A gal is making a pattern of my grandmother's quilt for me. She said she was 'paying it forward'. Someone on the board was looking for a Hunter's Star ruler and I just happened to receive a second one, so I sent it to her, so I 'paid it forward'. Why don't we all try to 'pay it forward' and see what happens? I made a new friend out of the gal I sent the ruler to. What can you do to 'pay it forward'?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Banned

A very generous QB member is definitely paying it forward in a package she is sending me. So humble and grateful for her generosity. I will try to do the same.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:27 PM

I have sent fabrics and remnants to quilting board members and my husband and I practice this all the time with our neighbors and friends - I think it really is wonderful and we always ask others to do the same when they can. Good job JCrow.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 PM

It makes me feel good when I am able to " pay it forward " . I usually respond when someone is requesting a small amount of fabric in a certain color or size, like a 10 inch square in a shade of blue. However, I'm becoming more selective of who I respond to as I have noticed it's often the same people making this same type of request over and over. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:46 PM

not quilting related....but where we live baby, it's cold outside! really dangerous conditions this week. -25 but the wind is horrid. frostbite weather.

last night a stranger asked us to by him a bus ticket to his home. said he had no money, and it know if he never found shelter he would freeze. so we gave him the money. now I know we might have been sucked in to a sad story and he maybe lied to us....but maybe , just maybe we helped him make it through the night. I hope he truly found shelter and hope he is warm.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Power Poster

Wonderful stories. I love it too.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:56 PM

I enjoy paying it forward when I can afford it. But I dislike being taken advantage of by someone's dishonesty. Needless to say I am now more careful in sharing. So glad when I can do so and feel good about doing it.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:21 AM

I pay forward to any member in need of something I have which is not too costly in shipping or large amount. I get back 10 fold in helping others.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:38 AM

I have been paying it forward at work, and it 's appreciated by one out of four. The other's feel they are entitled. I left a Christmas present in one office for a coworkers child, and I'm wondering when she is going to acknowledge it. I pay forward with my neighbors, and it is appreciated. I have a couple of quilting friends that I know are appreciative, and love the responses when they get something they are not expecting. I have been the recipient of surprises from my friend Dotty, and I know she gets pleasure out of playing it forward. My friend Bev, and I have been paying it forward for a long time. Even though we have never met, we have become friends.. ad look forward to hearing from each other on the board Life is so good...
Old 01-05-2014, 06:36 AM

Paying it forward is not just material. The tremendous moral support and encouragement that is demonstratated on this board is to be heralded. Thank you all for caring.