Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Lancaster PA Quilt Show @The Continental Inn >

Lancaster PA Quilt Show @The Continental Inn

Lancaster PA Quilt Show @The Continental Inn

Old 01-12-2014, 06:46 PM

Default Lancaster PA Quilt Show @The Continental Inn

March 12-15, 2014 9am-6pm Sat 9-4 37 Vendors, Antique Quilt Exhibit FREE Admission & FREE PARKING Free $1000 Gift Basket Raffle (items donated by vendors) Direct shuttle service between this show and the AQS Quilt show downtown The Continental Inn 2285 Lincoln Hwy, Lancaster, PA
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 AM

That is terrific news!
Old 01-13-2014, 02:15 PM
ro
Banned

dont you have to be a guest at the hotel in order to get the free shuttle
Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM

Default shuttle

No you don't have to be a guest there and there is plenty of parking . The shuttle might cost 5 or 7 bucks but its well worth it...
Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
ro
Banned

absolutely. first you have to find a spot and then you have to walk to the center. its worth whatever they want to charge for the parking the hotel.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:35 PM

They are organizing a big event this time and they have make parking free. This is not a big thing but still some visitors can be attracted because of it.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:21 PM

They usually have a quilt show accross the street from the Continental Inn too and you don't have to pay to park there, it's on the same side as Dutch Wonderland.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:27 PM

The free parking is usually at the Continental, which is next to the Dutch Wonderland. Across the street is where the original quilt show Used to be held, at the Lancaster Host Resort. There's no show at the Host any more. AQS has the rights to the main show which was started in Downtown Lancaster about 4 years ago. I don't know if they bought the rights from the woman who had the show at the Host or simply went into competition and her show died out as the vendors went with AQS. The Continental has had their show continuously as far as I know, starting as an overflow site for vendors unable to get into the Lancaster Host across the street. The Host had a smaller show last year, but I understand they've decided not to have a show any more. I went for about 9 years straight, but the last time was the first year of the downtown location. It was difficult to park, downtown is a bit cramped as it is an old city, and everything felt somewhat disorganized since it was the first time at that location. I was using a walker, it was freezing cold, and the buses were running randomly, having difficulty navigating some of the streets due to traffic. All food offered at the venue was fatty and greasy, like spicy tacos- ugh! We had an expensive salad at the bar instead. The next day we weebled over to the Farmer's Market for lunch- Wonderful Place! We had the most amazing shrimp Thai spring rolls that I dream of to this day. I had a Mennonite relative who really showed us around downtown. I'd love to go back- maybe next year. We used to stay at the Econolodge South to save $$$, but it went downhill very quickly. Stayed at the Continental once but it also was very run down, with very poor service for a broken door lock and plumbing issues. That said- there were Great vendors there even though it was crowded and hot so leave your jacket in the car. Hopefully the hotels/motels have had renovations since my last trip about 4 years ago. Parking at the Continental on the first year of the AQS downtown required a shuttle pass for about $6 unless you were staying at certain hotels on the route where it was part of your room package, but it wasn't enforced by the shuttle bus drivers. I don't know about the arrangements this year. Wish I could go- have fun!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:55 AM

What could a first time goer expect at this show?

Im working on convincing df to make the 3+ hour trip with a toddler to go to the show. However based off the last post I'm worried it won't be worth the gas $$ or the trouble. Taking a day trip with a toddler is a forever long planning affair.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:28 AM
dd

Last year we only went to Host and Continental. We were not charged to park but elected to not go downtown because of the parking and the cost to get in. The buses we not running when we want to go and we didn't want to wait around. We stopped at Ten Thousand Villages on the way home as some had never been there. Thinking we may stop at quilt shops on the way home this year.