Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Aria, Crescendo or Janome 8900? >

Baby Lock Aria, Crescendo or Janome 8900?

Baby Lock Aria, Crescendo or Janome 8900?

Old 02-02-2014, 08:56 AM

One more thing...will I be able to use the feet I've purchased for my other Baby Locks? Or does the Crescendo take the different size feet...like how the Ellisimo takes different sized feet?

I've looked at the info online for the stitch regulator and fancy foot pedal...really like the idea of the stitch regulator. It looks like what the longarm machine has.

VERY snowy day here in Cleveland today...just sitting inside organizing my fabric and trying to decide which way to go for my machine

thanks averyone one for your responses...they really help a lot!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Psossi View Post
One more thing...will I be able to use the feet I've purchased for my other Baby Locks? Or does the Crescendo take the different size feet...like how the Ellisimo takes different sized feet?

I've looked at the info online for the stitch regulator and fancy foot pedal...really like the idea of the stitch regulator. It looks like what the longarm machine has.

VERY snowy day here in Cleveland today...just sitting inside organizing my fabric and trying to decide which way to go for my machine

thanks averyone one for your responses...they really help a lot!

I know now that the "J" foot is larger on the crescendo vs the symphony... But that's all I know for sure. I have used a roll hem foot and the 1/4 foot with out guide that I had bought for my symphony with no issues. I compared my 1/4 without quide to the 1/4 with guide that came with the crescendo and they are the same size just no guide on one. You can always ask you dealer
Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanks so much. I just want this to be my final trade...I already traded in my Ellure Plus for the Ellageo Plus...then I decided I really didn't like the embroidery all that much, so now the dealer is letting me trade the Ellageo for something else...so I want to make the relight decision.

thanks again.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:48 PM

The foot pedal is awesome i love being able to cut and reverse with the pedal. The jury is still out for the stitch regulator as i have not bonded with it or got the hang of it yet but i am getting better at my FMQ skills as time goes. I have not had enough time to play with it. I liked the demo of it but the manual is lacking so it has been real trial and error
Old 02-02-2014, 05:51 PM

You should be able to use all feet except those for the quest or serenade as they are built for the dual feed, you can also use brother accessories, allbrands and kenssewingcenter online carry brother accessories for great prices and reasonable shipping
Old 02-03-2014, 04:10 AM

I do know the stitch regulator is extra (quite a bit actually) but it's for FMQ. Allows your stitches to be more even on FMQ. Don't know anything about the fancy foot pedal, actually hadn't heard of it.

Had my Crescendo for a year, then traded up for the Unity to add embroidery. I absolutely loved it, and love my Unity. I also have a Bernina 820 QE on a frame, and at this point still hate it.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 AM

I bought the Ellageo esg3 (now antiquated) and paid around $5,000 in 2002. Since that time, I have been very interested in quilting, and have done a few as a result of my best friend's (BarbTx) teaching skills. I'm an old lady, certainly not a wealthy one........but I would love to get either the Crescendo or the Aria. I was told the Aria is the better one for "old eyes" because of the advanced lighting. Please give me pro and con on the Crescendo, as well as the Aria. This will definitely be my last machine, as I'm in my mid 70's.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by skeetersmom View Post
I bought the Ellageo esg3 (now antiquated) and paid around $5,000 in 2002. Since that time, I have been very interested in quilting, and have done a few as a result of my best friend's (BarbTx) teaching skills. I'm an old lady, certainly not a wealthy one........but I would love to get either the Crescendo or the Aria. I was told the Aria is the better one for "old eyes" because of the advanced lighting. Please give me pro and con on the Crescendo, as well as the Aria. This will definitely be my last machine, as I'm in my mid 70's.
from what I understand and what my dealer has told me they are essentially the same machine but the aria doesn't have the laser guide or the sensor pen. The lighting on the crescendo is outstanding!!! There may be a difference in the amount of stitches but I'm not sure and the compare feature on the baby lock website is not working for the aria. I seriously looked at both machines and in my area the price difference to me was worth going for the crescendo and knowing I would be happy with the extra features.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:36 PM

I bought the Crescendo today. I went to the store, quilt sandwiches in hand, and spent an hour on the Unity...which I was told is the same machine as the Crescendo, but with embroidery as well.

i get my Crescendo on Wednesday. They have to bring it from one of their other store locations.

Thank you everyone for answering my questions and sharing your insight.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Psossi View Post
I bought the Crescendo today. I went to the store, quilt sandwiches in hand, and spent an hour on the Unity...which I was told is the same machine as the Crescendo, but with embroidery as well.

i get my Crescendo on Wednesday. They have to bring it from one of their other store locations.

Thank you everyone for answering my questions and sharing your insight.
congrats!!! My dealer used to have unity and crescendo on display but now they only demo the unity for the same reason they are the same minus the embroidery.