Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
no snow, nor sleet nor dark of night...... >

no snow, nor sleet nor dark of night......

no snow, nor sleet nor dark of night......

Old 02-05-2014, 09:51 PM

Default no snow, nor sleet nor dark of night......

in the most recent storm our power went out in the wee wee morning hours. dh went foraging for food, and knowing I like to read, and the last power outage lasted 6 days, he bought me a thoughtful gift! I plan on using this handy little headlight while sewing, and it even helps while i'm typing since I am a sight typer, not by touch( if they wanted us to not use the letters why would they have put them on the keys??) lol. Now I can read quietly in bed and not use up my ipad battery. oh, the best news?! the power came on about an hour after got home. well, i'm set for the next storm on Saturday!
Attached Thumbnails etheleen-snapshot_2014206.jpg  
Old 02-05-2014, 10:04 PM

I love it! I actually thought about using one of these when I'm sewing. I can't seem to get enough light on what I'm working on. I can just hear my husband when I ask for one of these. He already laughs at some of the things I do and say. He's always telling me I'm funny. haha
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 PM

I do wear one when Im doing hand sewing. It helps sooooo much! Kudos to the hubs!!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:27 PM

Well, that's pretty cool - I never thought about using a light like that for sewing.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:30 AM

I know he bought this at a hardware depot near home. But harbor freight had them also. Now we have his and hers. Lol, may put one on our little black cocker spaniel so we can find her in the dark, too. She's too young to read, 8-) and she's good at tearing but not cutting or sewing. Still, it would be nice to know where monkey is!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:34 AM

I have worn one of these for a few years now whenever we are driving in the car at night. Hubby tells me that it's not distracting like the car light would be (which is also illegal here) so I can complete little projects both going out and coming home. I find that it's also really good for quilting as it alleviates any shadow but it's best use is for changing the bobbin under my sewing table and looking for pins down there too. You can also get baseball caps with an led light in them too now, but it didn't have quite as much power as the headset does. Mine is adjustable to wide beam or more focussed which is the one I use in the car. Nothing to look at out the window at night anyway! I know you'll get lots of use out of it.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:26 AM

What a great husband - this was very thoughtful. The light is a great idea - may have to get one.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 AM

glad to see you found a solution-great hubby
Old 02-06-2014, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

My sight (along with a lot of other things) is not what it used to be. My husband gave me a smaller version a long time ago. I use it when I do my quilt binding. Happy reading. BrendaK
Old 02-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Great idea and stylish too! We use these all the time at the cottage. Kids play tag at night.