Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
noisy crackle fabric >

noisy crackle fabric

noisy crackle fabric

Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 PM

I just made my cat a toy and stuffed it with foil. Kind of like Bella Boo said, but I used a wrapper from a breakfast bar. The metal foil stuff. Never thought of a chip bag! LOL! I have plenty of those around. The cat likes it. (It's also got catnip in it, though, so maybe he just likes the high. Silly addict cat.)

I have thought of doing this before for a baby blanket, but never did- you will have to tell us how it turns out.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:36 PM

Aren't the baby touch blankets the small ones with the silky ribbons sewn around the blanket in loops so the baby can feel silkys. I just bought my grandkids pieces of silky fabric. Except for Kyel who had to have his Mom PJ top when she would go to guards :P
Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 AM

I have heard those called loop blankets.

For a touch blanket I wanted to do a throw for the floor that would have all different types of fabric that felt different. For example, satin, fleece, fake fur, flannel, minkey, etc. Might even try and get some soft mirrors and sew them down. Just not quite sure but the baby loves that crinkly fabric. He has a butterfly that has wings made out of it and loves it.

If anyone has idea please shoot them my way!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:07 AM
CRH

Have read several posts elsewhere about this crinkle 'fabric'. This source seems to have 'some' experience by trying several things and this is what worked best so far for them:

http://www.joyshope.com/2009/05/baby...-tutorial.html

Another source that tried the clear plastic gift wrap was not satisfied with it since it pulled loose and bunched up after washing and did not crinkle. Another used tortilla chip bag, another used potato chip bags (well washed), and another used popcorn bag cellophane (microwave?). These seemed to be crinkly enough to please baby.

Good luck!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for posting the tute on this :D :D :D
Old 02-05-2012, 11:21 AM

Default Where to buy Crinkle Material for baby toys

Not sure if you are still looking for crinkle paper for baby toys but American Felt and Craft sells the crinkle material by the yard. http://stores.americanfeltandcraft.c...NEW/Detail.bok
Old 02-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Magdelina View Post
Not sure if you are still looking for crinkle paper for baby toys but American Felt and Craft sells the crinkle material by the yard. http://stores.americanfeltandcraft.c...NEW/Detail.bok
Wow Magdelina that does look like the stuff! I have been wanting to try gailmitchel's post of "baby tag toy" and have been looking for that stuff. I thought of using the bag from the Sun Chips because it is really noisey and tough but didn't know how it would hold up. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:05 PM
dd

I made one of the soft fabric books and used a bag from egg noodles. It was crackely but I never washed it so not sure how it would hold up. figured I was just going to throw it away anyway, might as well use it instead of buying something.
another note - I use the plastic 2 piece containers that you get out of machines to put bells or whatever in to put inside a stuffed animal.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:58 PM

I heard from someone to use potato chip or cereal bags.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:07 AM

I looked it up on Amazon. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=crinkle+m..._ts-doa-p_2_18