Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Quilt Pattern Magazine?? >

The Quilt Pattern Magazine??

The Quilt Pattern Magazine??

Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 PM

Default The Quilt Pattern Magazine??

I stumbled upon this online magazine while searching for a bit more information on the Dresden Heart wallhanging posted here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...g-t240480.html

They happen to have an actual pattern this month for a Dresden Heart table runner.
Has anyone heard of, "The Quilt Pattern Magazine", before??? Do you like it? The cost didn't seem too bad for 13 issues.
http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com/blog/?p=2579

thank you for any info
Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 PM

I may have to check this magazine out. I love to read the books & mags. out (almost) as much as the quilting. HeeHee. Just kidding. But, I do like to read them. A really good price. Thanks for sharing the info.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:26 PM

Am in my second subscription year. Not bad for the money. They are doing some BOMs and a mystery quilt. They are online only and also have a forum (but it is not that active). Try it - you'll like it!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:47 PM

I subscribe and am pleased with it.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:39 PM

Thank you for your responses!! I was beginning to think I had found something no one else had!! I will subscribe today!!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 PM

I used to participate with Cindy's website when she had projects for free, trying to build up to doing the magazine. Now she's had the magazine online for going on 5 years and I have subscribed this last year since I have a little more time to more sewing. I also have done some pattern testing for her pattern makers that are having them published.
She certainly has some interesting patterns and designs, from beginners to advanced, pieced to applique. You can download the magazine and there are no stacks sitting around or filling book shelves. You can go in and print them out anytime you want to do the projects. I also enjoy the EQ7 tutorials that are in the magazine every month. There's also an ongoing novel, quilt related, with a new chapter each month. You sure can't find a more reasonable price for a monthly magazine.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 PM

OzarksGma;
Thank you sew much for the information! I did subscribe and am currently awaiting my account activation. I am looking forward to each issue!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Power Poster

I have subscribed to this magazine since it's beginning- I love it and am an active participant in many of it's projects & group activities. it is by far my favorite magazine- I down load it every month so I have it to go back to when ever- I can access patterns, templates, what ever when ever I want to without having to go through stacks of *paper* magazines. I've been referring people here to the magazine for a couple years now.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:34 AM

Thanks for the info. I just subscribed to the blog and online magazine. I haven't had a quilt magazine in awhile. It will be great that it's online so I don't need to worry about changing addresses on a seasonal basis.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:08 PM

You're quite welcome, always happy to refer someone to Cindy's magazine. She works hard to make it appealing to quilters everywhere.