Default Delicious Raisin Bread

Delicious Raisin Bread

Ingredients:
3 cups of flour
1.5 teaspoons salt
4 Tablespoons of Splenda or Sugar
1 generous Tablespoon of cinnomon
1 cup of water
3 Tablespoons of oil (I use a very light olive oil)
Scant Tablespoon of Bread Machine Yeast (or a tiny bit less)
1 cup of raisins

Microwave water and oil for 1 minute.

Place flour, salt, sweetener and cinnamon in bread machine pan (remember to put the paddle in first (LOL). Make an indent on top of the flour heap with your thumb or spoon. Place the yeast in the indent.

Carefully pour the warm liquid around the edges of the flour mixture. Place your pan in the machine, set your machine on dough setting (mine is Number 8). And start your machine.

An hour and a half later (on my machine) after it has finished mixing and its first rising, remove the bread pan from the machine, punch the dough down and with oiled hands, remove the dough. Make sure to squeeze the air out if there are still air bubbles left.

Place the dough in a well-oiled bread loaf pan and squish it so it is distributed evenly and place in a warm place to rise for about 30 to 40 minutes.

Bake in 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Let cool about 20 minutes laying pan on its side on a cookie rack before loosening the edges and removing from pan. Enjoy!

PS
1.) for regular plain white bread I only use 3 T. of Splenda
2.) dried cranberries and orange zest can be added instead of the raisins
3.) I often replace milk for water.

Notes: I love my bread machine and have streamlined how much care I put into assembling it before turning on the machine.

I can pop this together and click the start button in about 10 minutes from the time I begin. The rest is just listening for the timer to move on to the next step.

My bread machine is a Sunbeam 2# Programmable Breadmaker. It costs $29 three years ago but is still worth the higher cost. Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-5891-2...und+breadmaker

I am not affiliated with the company or with Amazon. I just love my bread maker! Ask around because I have found that lots of people have breadmakers stuffed in storage and don’t use them. I love the dough setting since DH and I don’t like the shape of the bread the machine makes. I guess I have sung my praises for bread machines enough to probably nauseate you… sorry.

We toast ours and have to limit ourselves to ourselves to 1 piece a day.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 02-17-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Sounds really yummy! Ever make French toast with raisin bread? M-m-m-m good!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:54 AM

I don't care for raisins, but have dried crans and cherries on hand. Thank you for the recipe..I'm making a loaf today and adding a few sliced almonds. We like thick toast for morning meal, and that's our breakfast. Sounds perfect!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:45 AM

I have been wanting home made bread all winter. I never even thought of my bread maker....yes it is in the bottom of a cupboard, hidden away! Thank you.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the recipe. I use my Bread Machine at least once a week!!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:17 AM

Last night I threw the ingredients in my bread maker, turned it on and didn't' hear the timer go off. So, at bedtime I punched the dough down, rolled it up in saran wrap, then into a ziplock bag and into the freezer. Later today I will take it out, put it into a loaf pan and see how long it takes to warm up and rise. Wonder how my 'unplanned' experiment will turn out? I will let you know.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:46 AM

Linda,
I see that you are in Washington...will you be going to sew expo in Puyallup?
Kirsten
Old 02-18-2014, 07:12 PM

SewExtremeSeams, at what point do you add the raisins? Are they kneaded in before rising, or maybe after the first rising when the dough is rolled out for shaping?

I love my bread machine too. When my old one quit working I got a 1 lb Zo. I can reduce your recipe to half and will be just right.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:14 AM

I tried this recipe and was not happy with it. I followed the directions exactly and it didn't raise very much. I put it in a bread pan and let it rise for a long time and then baked it. It looks like a brick. I have a feeling it will go into a cinnamon raisin bread pudding because that will disguise most any kind of bread. How did yours turn out??
Old 02-19-2014, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by ScubaK View Post
Linda,
I see that you are in Washington...will you be going to sew expo in Puyallup?
Kirsten
Unfortunately DH and I are not attending this year. I have spent big buckos in years past. Enjoy! The part I enjoyed the most was sitting in the eating area and meeting people from all over the Western States.