Looking for

Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Recently I did a craft show-very nice person did not have correct monies. She told me to keep the extra as I deserved it--that was very different ! Not much extra but it was her gracious thought. Restores hope in humanity ! Will PIF !
Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 AM

I have read many articles in so-called women's magazines as well as others that advocate bargaining, i.e., asking for discounts. If you watch one of the reality series on PBS television (can't think of the name right now), it's all about negotiating. I don't think people are deliberately being insulting. They are just trying to maximize the use of their money just as you are trying to maximize what you get for your product.
I don't like negotiating, either as a seller or a buyer. That's why I pay whatever they ask at garage/yard sales (which I rarely attend) and absolutely refuse to have a garage sale. I would much rather take the stuff to Goodwill or other resale shop that supports a favorite charity. And when I go to a dealer to buy a new car, I tell them to tell me your price and I'll tell you whether I can pay it. "If you start this stuff of running back and forth between me and your manager, I'm out of here." froggyintexas
Old 02-19-2014, 11:44 AM

If they ask, "Is that your best price?" I would say, "Yes, considering all the effort I put into it, it is a FANTASTIC price!"
Old 02-19-2014, 11:23 PM

I just say "that doesnt work for me. so no thank you
Old 02-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Power Poster

Try and keep it light...."Sorry, but I do need to eat this week"....might do.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas View Post
I have read many articles in so-called women's magazines as well as others that advocate bargaining, i.e., asking for discounts. If you watch one of the reality series on PBS television (can't think of the name right now), it's all about negotiating. I don't think people are deliberately being insulting. They are just trying to maximize the use of their money just as you are trying to maximize what you get for your product.
I don't like negotiating, either as a seller or a buyer. That's why I pay whatever they ask at garage/yard sales (which I rarely attend) and absolutely refuse to have a garage sale. I would much rather take the stuff to Goodwill or other resale shop that supports a favorite charity. And when I go to a dealer to buy a new car, I tell them to tell me your price and I'll tell you whether I can pay it. "If you start this stuff of running back and forth between me and your manager, I'm out of here." froggyintexas
I agree - HATE haggling,too. Just tell me the price and I'll decide whether I want what you're selling. I always hate to think that I've been ripped off because I'm no good at haggling. Buying a car is a terrible experience for me! I'd rather not have a different car than to think I could have got a better price if I were a better negotiator!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

People that ask for a discounts at craft sales have thick skins. No is just an answer to them, nothing more.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

I pay whatever the price is if I want the item. Haggling is very tacky to me. Everyone wants a bargain to brag about later.
This is just how I feel about it.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 PM

How about just " oh my, that's a bargain price I already have on it" at minimum wage it would be triple the price!

We all know the time we have in our crafts are seldom recognized.. non crafters don't realize that. Many say 'that's easy to make' , but easy or not, they never realize the time.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:39 PM
pw6

Yeah me to, seems people think all this work is FREE and they do not have a clue as to the cost of materials..I have to turn down some because I am not going to give it away or lose money over fabric.. you never get paid for your time either.. but I love quilting and do a lot for family and myself..LOL