Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Small bazaar items. >

Small bazaar items.

Small bazaar items.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 AM

Microwave bowl holders

It's just a potholder shaped to fit a soup bowl. Put darts on each side from the edge to the circle you have drawn in the center of the batt. (Circle is as big as the bottom of your soup bowl.) Create top and bottom with enough batting, and sew RST. Turn and close opening.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 AM

I'm off to buy Insulbrite for potholders (not for the microwave bowls). I have at least 10 orphan blocks that I can make into good ones for our Guild's Quilt Show. I wondered what I was going to do with them. Thanks for the idea.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:30 AM

Mug rugs, ten minute table runners, placemats, Kleenex tissue holders, pouch for cell phone/eye glasses, Christmas tree decorations; etc. The mug rugs are so very popular and sell quite well. Have fun.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:27 AM

what about the bucket hat with the hole for the pony tail that is posted on here moms who make there girls were hts in the summer might love them
Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 AM

When on a trip I saw a tea pot cozy, store was closed or I would have bought one for a pattern. Also many many years ago, before marriage and kids, I did huck toweling (sweadish weaving) one could make the towels or perhaps bookmarks? For our local church sale I plan on trying my hand with the idea on this site about the monthly and/or seasonal door hanging. What a great idea. thanks. We have what we call 'Tour of Tables" members decorate tables with a theme attached to it and room for 6 people to sit to it. We serve a full meal and usually have music in the background or a short program. My table this year will be "Celebration of the candy cane". It irks me when they make candy canes with other colors that red and white. Years ago when I was in charge of the Sunday School Program we did one on the candy cane. was lots of fun.
Again thanks for all the great ideas.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:19 PM

Anything for Christmas seems to go well. We always sell out of the small items listed above, and Christmas. Pot holders always sell well.
Also pretty small items for the walls. Emlibrary, a machine embroidery website, has lots of small items very inexpensive. Mariah
Old 02-22-2014, 02:06 PM

Crochet scrubbies out of net. One of the ladies make them out of plastic bags.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:47 PM

Small quilted boxes may sell well and are very easy to make.
Attached Thumbnails basket-nesting.jpg  
Old 02-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Quilted throw pillows, table runners, eye glass cases, lap quilts...These sold exceptionally well at the last Christmas sale our church had....
Old 02-22-2014, 04:17 PM

Really simple teddy bears and small stuffed dogs, cats, frogs or owls, or other stuffed toys. There are some really easy patterns available--I have found free patterns ion computer in years past. The little aprons with pockets for crayons and the rolls for crayons, little dolls or cars are often popular