Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
janome DC1059 >

janome DC1059

janome DC1059

Old 03-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Default janome DC1059

Last week I inquired about a Brother machine and got a lot of great feed back. Upon doing more research I got an email from the lqs and they have the Janome1050 for a good price so now I would like feed back on this machine, proa and / or cons.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

janome 1050 reviews

I did a google search and got this, which will at least get you started. Good luck!!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:59 PM

I bought one to have a light weight machine to take to class and on trips. And I just love it. When I was visiting my son and family, they decided they wanted window treatments for the triple bay windows in the living room. And that little Janome breezed right through all thicknesses of drapery and lining fabric. Later when I was ready to piece a top, I attached my 1/4" foot to the plastic clip, the foot would not sit flat, so I changed that plastic foot clip for a metal one and now the foot works perfectly. It makes a pretty seem, adjustable speed, stop and start button and several decorative stitches which I seldom use. Oh, and I like the button holes it makes too.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
I bought one to have a light weight machine to take to class and on trips. And I just love it. When I was visiting my son and family, they decided they wanted window treatments for the triple bay windows in the living room. And that little Janome breezed right through all thicknesses of drapery and lining fabric. Later when I was ready to piece a top, I attached my 1/4" foot to the plastic clip, the foot would not sit flat, so I changed that plastic foot clip for a metal one and now the foot works perfectly. It makes a pretty seem, adjustable speed, stop and start
button and several decorative stitches which I seldom use. Oh, and I like the button holes it makes too.
Thanks for the info. The decorative stitches are what I will use the most and probably never use the button holes. I planned on going this weekend to look at it but other things got in the way and I never made it out of the house. Hopefully next weekend.