Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone use these rulers for blocks? >

Anyone use these rulers for blocks?

Anyone use these rulers for blocks?

Old 03-12-2014, 04:29 PM

I bought them but I guess I am too dumb to figure them out, I have never used them.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM

I was going to buy these at Christmas for myDIL and myself but never got around to it.
for those that sent them back -what didn't you like?
Old 03-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Very slick advertising, but I don't think I'd part with my quilting budget money for "gadgets." I'm a sucker for quilting gadgets, but I think I'd pass on these. Animation is great, but it is the ultimate product that has to perform and I really don't see these as being any different than any other ruler out there.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
I bought them but I guess I am too dumb to figure them out, I have never used them.
I wish I had the money I've paid on stuff that is still in my ruler tub. Those quilt show vendors are my downfall every time. Only item I bought at a quilt show that I absolutely love are the Slide Lock rulers, they are worth every cent.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:16 PM

I bought them, but haven't used them yet. I am a little put off by some of the tricks that are in the videos. My computer doesn't work too good right now, since I got stuck with some virus at some site I went to. The flash player I need can't be loaded because I got stuck with that one, got the virus from a fake site.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 PM

This is a very slick-looking animation/demo. I had looked at it before, but decided I was fine with my AccuQuilt dies.
I use my AccuQuilt HST die for all my HST's. I put the two fabrics together in the die (right sides together), and then cut. When I take the cut pieces out, they're ready to stitch right then - no matching needed, because they were cut together. And the corners are already clipped, so that shows me for sure that my seam allowance is correct (or not, as the case may be, if I'd been doing embroidery prior to that)
Old 03-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

I never seem them before this...Thanks for posting...