Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Just starting another quilt >

Just starting another quilt

Just starting another quilt

Old 03-28-2014, 08:53 AM

I can't wait to see the finished quilt, your colors are just beautiful.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 AM

wow, what beautiful prints you found for these flowers, they are so pretty!!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:16 PM

Beautiful blocks. That fabric is wonderful.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:35 PM

Those appliques are GREAT....and that fabric is AMAZING !!! Can't wait for you to show us the quilt !!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 PM

Most of the blocks came from my EQ 5, a few came from flowers that I traced, added to, rearranged, etc.
I think I am going to have the background blocks in a pale, but rich looking beige. I have sewn them with my new Juki, just love it. What I really like about the Juki is that you can speed down a seam and Stop on dime. I doesn't take another stitch, it stops !
By the time I get through making these flowers I can assure you that I will be able to make leaves with my eyes closed. lol
I made three yards of stems today since most of them will be in a darker green. Now I can just cut off what I need when I need it. I inserted a string inside a strip and sewed the top and down the side, then pulled the whole thing right side out. Worked out great.
I am adding batting inside most of the flowers and leafs to make them look 3 dimensional and more realistic.
I made a black tulip today and it turned out pretty good. I made another flower that had 24 pedals on it, didn't like doing that. lol I like the bigger flowers, they are easier to turn, I am getting tired of picking out the ends of the stem on the smaller ones. So far I'm averaging about 2 flowers per day, taking my time and trying to do it right. 10 finished. It's going to take some time to get these done so I'm going to do what I can when I can.
I can already see that I will have to do some hand work on leaves that have lots of points on them.
Going to Joann's tomorrow to look around for beige material and backing.
I went to Marshall's Dry Goods Site today and half of the colors in the Marbleicious fabrics are gone. I hope they will be getting some more in soon. I would like to make another quilt with these fabrics.
Ok, time for bed, I'm watching O'Reilly and trying to type this and O'Reilly is winning tonight. lol
Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM

I wouldn't have thought to use that fabric....great choice.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 PM

wow they are just stunning, well done,sorry about your back.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:01 PM

Those fabrics make wonderful flower petals and leaves, your quilt is going to look bright and beautiful......
Old 03-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful....Love them....
Old 03-29-2014, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ThreadHead View Post
Most of the blocks came from my EQ 5, a few came from flowers that I traced, added to, rearranged, etc.
I think I am going to have the background blocks in a pale, but rich looking beige. I have sewn them with my new Juki, just love it. What I really like about the Juki is that you can speed down a seam and Stop on dime. I doesn't take another stitch, it stops !
By the time I get through making these flowers I can assure you that I will be able to make leaves with my eyes closed. lol
I made three yards of stems today since most of them will be in a darker green. Now I can just cut off what I need when I need it. I inserted a string inside a strip and sewed the top and down the side, then pulled the whole thing right side out. Worked out great.
I am adding batting inside most of the flowers and leafs to make them look 3 dimensional and more realistic.
I made a black tulip today and it turned out pretty good. I made another flower that had 24 pedals on it, didn't like doing that. lol I like the bigger flowers, they are easier to turn, I am getting tired of picking out the ends of the stem on the smaller ones. So far I'm averaging about 2 flowers per day, taking my time and trying to do it right. 10 finished. It's going to take some time to get these done so I'm going to do what I can when I can.
I can already see that I will have to do some hand work on leaves that have lots of points on them.
Going to Joann's tomorrow to look around for beige material and backing.
I went to Marshall's Dry Goods Site today and half of the colors in the Marbleicious fabrics are gone. I hope they will be getting some more in soon. I would like to make another quilt with these fabrics.
Ok, time for bed, I'm watching O'Reilly and trying to type this and O'Reilly is winning tonight. lol
Thanks for the info as I was wondering how you did the flowers. But how do you attach the turned flowers to the background fabric?