Cinderella Sewing Machine

Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 PM

Default Cinderella Sewing Machine

I purchased my Cinderella Sewing Machine a couple years ago online. There was no mention of rust and pictures did not show any rust, but there seems to be a fair amount. Just wondering if there is anywhere I can take/ship my machine to be restored (rust is just one of the issues) or is this a lost cause?

Thank you for any help,

Carol
Old 05-01-2014, 12:32 PM

Can you post pics? Several people have suggest soaking rusted parts in a mild acidic solution, everything from Coca Cola to lemon juice & water or vinegar in water. Sewing machine is a good, safe cleaner for the body & moving parts. Several experts will weigh in with better ideas, I'm certain.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Is it rusted on the inside or the out side?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:44 PM

I don't suggest anything acidic. That will play havoc with the decals. Careful cleaning and use of Evapo-Rust is the way I do it.

Joe
Old 05-01-2014, 07:25 PM

On chrome one can use just plain water and crumpled up aluminium foil to remove rust Basically wet the foil then rub on rusted chrome until shiny. If it's inside, a little salt and veggie oil (or oil of choice) and paper towel or foil could remove rust from cast iron. I used veggie oil because i had a rusted cast iron skillet and it just needed elbow grease. If it's around decals I would yield to those more knowledgeable than I am. So basically listen to J. Miller lol

There's always this link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Elec...val-aka-Magic/ I don't know how well it works on sewing machines and how it could damage the paint. I havent tested it out. But if you have little bits and pieces within the machine like the machine arms and pistons that won't be seen then you could try it out on them.