Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missouri Star Quilt  co >

Missouri Star Quilt co

Missouri Star Quilt co

Old 06-03-2014, 02:57 AM

Default Missouri Star Quilt co

DD and I visited MSQC yesterday. I have always been impressed with her videos and came away from
Hamilton, Mo very impressed. It is wonderful to see what a quilter's hobby has done for a sleepy little town.
They have 4 stores , the original, Penny's quilts (which is all solids) Seasonal store, and another store just open
which has civil war fabrics. There is also a retreat center and mercantile building for shipping and receiving. We
arrived on a day that they were having a lunch for all employees (100+) so all stores were closed from 12-1 but
there is a sandwich shop and bakery where many quilters were hanging out! It is worth the trip if you get close by!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Power Poster

i didn't realize it was such a huge 'complex'. glad you got to go.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 AM

What fun! Wish I was closer.

Dina
Old 06-03-2014, 05:55 AM

My SIL lives in St Joseph, Missouri so I'm hoping to make a combination trip soon! Sounds like a fun place
Old 06-03-2014, 05:57 AM

Very cool. One of these summers, we will do a road trip to explore various sites - quilting for me, civil rights for DH, and hockey for Gus. Could be a wide-ranging trip.

Cheers, K
Old 06-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

We're DH and I are making a trip to Missouri in August to visit some friends of his. Hamilton is supposedly about an hour away. Told DH I wanted to go while we were there or on our way to see his friends. He stated they already had plans for us. Back up the truck!. If I have to leave a day early so be it. I will rent a car if I have to. I plan on spending a day and some money and meeting Jenny or even one of the family.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

What fun! I can drive there in about five hours so MSQC is definitely on my weekend trip list. I do weekend trips just for me a lot so I'll have my memories of going when I'm stuck at home being elderly.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:15 AM

Haha, OnebyOne, that's what we do too! Make memories for when we're too old to drive very far
Old 06-03-2014, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
We're DH and I are making a trip to Missouri in August to visit some friends of his. Hamilton is supposedly about an hour away. Told DH I wanted to go while we were there or on our way to see his friends. He stated they already had plans for us. Back up the truck!. If I have to leave a day early so be it. I will rent a car if I have to. I plan on spending a day and some money and meeting Jenny or even one of the family.
Hey tessagin .... don't bother renting a car, just give me a call. It's always fun to go there especially with someone who has not been there before (or not been in a while). I live in the Kansas City area and will be glad to "chauffer" you! I would go there every month but then I'd have to give up eating ......
Old 06-03-2014, 02:22 PM

I have been there three times. Each time it gets better and better and more and more. The stores are jam-packed with wonderful fabrics. There are some stores I can enter and leave with money intact. I haven't been able to do that so far with this one. They really go through the fabric judging by the carts at the end of the cutting tables.