newb from VA

Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 AM

Hi all,
I just joined and have learned new quilting tips already.

I am a mother of 4 boys and 2 girls aged 15-28. I live in Natural Bridge, VA, but was born in Shreveport, LA.

I just started quilting and am loving it. My first quilt was a king size denim rag quilt. I am about to make my sons quilts for xmas presents. One will be a Bruce Lee quilt, 3 others will be Scarface quilts. I will probably do them as rag quilts, they are really easy to put together.

Glad to be here
Old 09-27-2007, 04:59 AM
lin

Hi Sondray. It's really good to have you here. It sounds like you're off to a wonderful start with your quilting. :) Those rag quilts can't be beat! Feel free to post some pics in the picture forum. Jump right in with questions, advice, share ideas and pics!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 AM

Hi, Sondray and welcome to the family! I'm so glad you've joined us. You sound like you stay pretty busy. I'm from WV. I love the rag quilts too. I have made two so far and plan on making a few more for christmas projects. Congrats on your King size demin rag quilt, I bet that took a little time. Just as Lin said, feel free to jump in on any posts or chats, be sure to post some pictures of your projects, we'd love to see them, so we can "oooohh" and "aaaahhh" over them. LOL. Where did you find your bruce lee and scarface material? I don't think I've ever seen it anywhere.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

Hi and welcome to our group! Please post some pictures of your quilts, we would love to see them :) Rag quilts are on my to do list too :D
Old 09-29-2007, 04:39 AM

Welcome. Rag quilts are my favorite right now. They go together really fast. I have made 4 rags for Christmas gifts and plan to make at least 3 more before Christmas. If you have any questions just ask. Everyone here is very friendly and talented. We all love pictures of all kinds.

Welcome from Missouri
Barb
Old 09-29-2007, 06:58 AM

Hi Sondray, welcome to the best group on the internet! We will love getting to know you and hope you'll join us frequently!

Happy Quilting,
Sharon
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM

For the Scarface and Bruce Lee quilts I will be using iron on transfers. I have lots of pictures. I will try my best to make them rag quilts, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by ccbear66
Welcome. Rag quilts are my favorite right now. They go together really fast. I have made 4 rags for Christmas gifts and plan to make at least 3 more before Christmas. If you have any questions just ask. Everyone here is very friendly and talented. We all love pictures of all kinds.

Welcome from Missouri
Barb
Okay Barb, I'm jealous! You've already started on Christmas gifts? The race is on and Heather is taking the back seat...LOL! I'll get to those Christmas gifts before long, I'm just " thoroughly planning" them all out until I get to actually work on them. 8)
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 AM
lin

I'm sitting next to Heather in the back seat. :lol: :lol:

I've started one Christmas project. Exactly one. Sigh...

Way to go Barb!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:56 PM

Welcome to the group!!
I'm making my first rag quilt for my granddaughter (7 weeks old) and it is for Christmas. Thanks to CCBear and her helpful info.

You will have alot of fun on this board everyone is so helpful. Glad you joined us.

Pam from Missouri