Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finished Quilt >

Finished Quilt

Finished Quilt

Old 12-09-2006, 02:25 PM

Becky one of our members encouraged me to post my finished quilt. I have only been making quilts for two years and only make the tops. When I look at others work I am a little intimated as I see some beautiful hand work. All mine is done by machine even the embroidery. I send my quilts to a lady in Louisiana that quilts them with a long arm machine. this is her work.
Becky keeps me encouraged and reading others post has helped me step out of the box.
Thanks Becky.
Beth

Quilt I finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53329[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53329.jpe  
Old 12-09-2006, 04:03 PM

Beth your quilt is beautiful. Do not be little your work. You do great work. I love it.

I started out quilting and doing hand piecing and hand quilting. I still enjoy hand quilting but as I age it becomes harder for my hands. I swore when I finished my grandsons Veggie tale quilts I would never hand quilt again. BUT the itch is there. Will probably dive into one again. I have known women around here who never take their quilting frames down. They hand quilt year around.

I was never much of a fan of machine quilting until just recently. I saw one the others day that took my breath away. It was a Mariners Star that had been pieced 25 years ago. It was awesome the work they did on it.

I like the way yours is done. Perfectly sets off the embroideried squares. The border too.

Keep up the good work.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:58 PM

Congrats, Beth--your quilt is beautiful! I love your choice of colors on the sashing, it compliments the flowers and leaves perfectly. Excellent job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails gwens-angolian-singer-treadle.jpg   mq10.jpg   my-white-treadle.jpg   only-singer-i-am-unsure-.bmp  
Old 12-09-2006, 05:14 PM

Beth

Your work is beautiful, To me it reminds me of some of the quilts that I've seen when I go to the Mts, in N.C, and Tenn, Those are my favorite spots, And I'll go into quilt shops and Antique shops and Gift shops and I see quilts and I stand and admire their work, and get ideas too. It's really a very pretty quilt and the art work is beautiful. You go girl, and keep up the beautiful work, Your box just exploded, Love it, Love it, Love it.

Your Quilt Buddy BECKY
Old 12-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Boo

Beth, I am sooooo impressed, your quilt is beautiful! You have a right to be proud. It brought a smile to my face. Very nice. :D

I am also impressed by your willingness to give credit to your quilter. We have customers at the shop, who purchase panels, add borders and then leave for Pam to quilt and for me to bind. These ladies brag about the number of quilts they have made. :roll: You put alot of work into your creation, yet wanted us to know someone else did the quilting. Quilters are a very sharing lot, and I am proud to be part of this group. Quilter's Rock! :thumbup:
Old 12-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Banned

Your quilt is beautiful, and the work is also yours. :)
Old 12-10-2006, 04:43 PM

Beth, your quilt is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. Stand tall and be proud.

Would you mind telling us who you use for the quilting and how to get in touch with them? I've quilted all my quilts by hand, but it doesn't allow me to make many tops (which I also enjoy doing). So one of these days I'll need someone to quilt at least some of my quilts.

Marilyn in Lancaster, PA
Old 12-10-2006, 05:11 PM

all I can say is...WOW...Love your colors...U Go Girl!...Ha As I see it machine or hand sewed It's The Love You put iin it...Keep Up the good work! Beve
Old 12-10-2006, 07:19 PM

Thanks to each of you for your kind words. Learning has been a challenge, my first hurdle was to make a straight stitch and second cutting accurate sizes. Needless to say that has improved a wee bit, even with all the mistakes I kept going. My best friend was my seam ripper and a few quilts were worn thin from all the ripping that had to be done. There was times I put it down and said that was it.... no more for me. Then the next day I would be back with determination to not let it beat me. Each quilt has become a little better but have not stepped out on any real complicated one.
I am glad Becky talked me into posting the picture on the board as your kind words have inspired me to never quit.
Your East Texas quilting friend
Beth
Old 12-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Suz

Beth,
Beautiful! Beautiful! You deserve every accolade you are receiving from all you your new fans. Job well done. Thank you for sharing.

Marilyn,
I use a long-arm quilter in Newport, PA. She just quilted a queen-sized quilt for me and I am absolutely thrilled with her work. If you want, I can provide you with her name and number. I will use the "Private Messages" listed above with this information. Suzanne