Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Double/single wedding ring quilt pattern >

Double/single wedding ring quilt pattern

Double/single wedding ring quilt pattern

Old 09-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Default Double/single wedding ring quilt pattern

I am in process of making a DWR quilt for my relative. All of the patterns that I have been able to find are the pattern that is on one sheet with very small instructions. Can anyone else help me in letting me know where I can find other patterns. I know that I can order them but then I have to wait for the templates. but They aren't that easy to find either. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:34 PM

Egg Money Quilts by Eleanor Burns from Quilt in a Day has good instructions and comes with cardboard templates in the book.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:23 AM

Many quilt books have that pattern in them. Try your public library. It is a traditional pattern so should be easy to find one that offers more than one page, small print!
Old 09-13-2014, 04:32 AM

There are some templates for sale by Marti Michell...I have heard good things about them
Old 09-13-2014, 05:04 AM

I read this blog post today. The person made two DWR quilts and gave some suggestions on templates and constructions. There was something about having templates made at a auto glass store. http://www.joscountryjunction.com/ask-jo-odd-and-ends/ Hope that helps.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

I bought John Flynn templates many years ago. He came out with them first. There is also the interfacing company that prints design such as the DWR and the Lone Star quilt that making piecing these difficult quilts easier by the paper piecing technique. Can't come up with the name- senior moment.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I bought John Flynn templates many years ago. He came out with them first. There is also the interfacing company that prints design such as the DWR and the Lone Star quilt that making piecing these difficult quilts easier by the paper piecing technique. Can't come up with the name- senior moment.

I have the interfacing DWR almost done. It is by Quiltsmart and really makes it easier and more accurate. My LQS ordered the template for me. Good luck
Old 09-13-2014, 07:11 AM

I made my DD and future SIL a DWR quilt for their wedding gift utilizing Cheryl Phillips, "Rings that Bind." I loved the fact that it was QAYG (in the center of the circle), so I was able to quilt it with my DSM before completing the quilt, so when it was completed, I was DONE!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:25 PM

I also use the Rings that Bind by Cheryl Phillips. It was very easy and no curved piecing. It looks just like the traditional but so much easier.