Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do with them now? >

What to do with them now?

What to do with them now?

Old 09-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

WOW, I think I have a few of those rust fabrics in my stash. There are so many charities available for you to choose from. Good Luck.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:44 AM

Love your quilt and it would be on my bed in a heartbeat. Beautiful colors.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:13 PM

We value vintage quilts, and their colors help to date them. Maybe the 80's just seems too recent for some of us. I'd keep them, as they will be treasured for their very outdatedness some day.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 09-27-2014, 03:41 PM

I do understand your dilemma. This is a lovely quilt that you worked on and "gave birth" to. Someone somewhere needs that quilt. If you can quilt it, bind it again and then you'll know what to do with it. The need will become known!
Old 09-27-2014, 04:52 PM

I have also donated to the blanket drive for Christmas gifts to needy families. The organizers were amazed that I'd give them up & said they already knew of new homes for them. It just was more special for me than just buying a new blanket for them.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:02 PM

It is a wonderful thing that you are thinking of donating them to a woman's shelter. They will be loved.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:09 PM

They are beautiful - I would keep them in the family - a neice or nephew perhaps?
Old 09-27-2014, 07:49 PM

It might be possible to put a two sided binding on and be able to match material for each side that would play nice. You can google two sided binding and there are several tutorials on how to do it. I just finished one with a two sided binding yesterday. One of several I have done when making reversible table tops for diffferent seasons. You can also pm we and I can give you instructions. A little more time consuming but easy to do.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Power Poster

I am with maryellen2u.....quilting will bring them alive (again). Let us see after their reno. and let us know what you decide.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:18 AM

Those look like they would be great "Guy" quilts. Modern them up by appliqueing a bear or a deer or something else woodsy, maybe a big tree, with a squirrel on the side of it, on them and give them to a guy. I like many of the comments on her for general use, ie, picnic quilt, tent quilt, cuddle quilt, car quilt. I find when I don't just LOVE something, I can be more casual with the quilt and really enjoy them.

I probably would go ahead and really quilt them. The tied quilts seem to scare some people about using them and having to wash them. They are afraid they won't stand up to the washer and dryer. I don't even see the ties, so if they are not noticeable, just leave them in.