Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pacific International Quilt Festival >

Pacific International Quilt Festival

Pacific International Quilt Festival

Old 10-18-2014, 10:32 AM

Default Pacific International Quilt Festival

Friends and I went to this yesterday. It was our 5th year of attending. Not enough words to say how wonderful it was this year. Some many fantastic quilts to look at. First time I ever saw a 3 D quilt. (You had to wear special glasses to get the entire experience.) All the quilts were breath taking. Hats off to long arm quilters. One could not believe the detail, depth and creativity that long arm quilters are using. I can not imagine the hours and hours that went into just learning these skills, practicing, and applying the skills.
We all agreed there were more vendors then ever this year. The center were it is held is HUGE. It is a lot of walking. I'm convinced you can not see it all in one day. This was the first year I almost went into over load. Everywhere you looked you found ideas, products and creativity. They also had fantastic classes. You really have to sign up month in advance because they fill up fast.
We only live 30 miles away so I think next year we need to attend for 2 days.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:38 AM

I still have my band on. I'll probably go again tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Never had the time to head up north to that show. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:25 PM

I attended this show 3 years ago and was absolutly gob smacked at how huge it was and the beautiful quilts, If I was ever to get the chance to go again I would stay some place close and go for two days
Old 10-20-2014, 05:20 AM

I went but my plans got all mixed up and I ended up getting to the show late on Saturday - somehow I missed the 3D quilts!! I planned to go Sunday too so stayed in a hotel, but my DH was home sick so I was by myself and my sleeping patterns are terrible (insomnia sucks) so Sunday after waking up at 2AM and not being able to get back to sleep and feeling bored and lonely in the hotel room, I finally just gave up around 7AM and came home really early and skipped day 2.

Next year I'm considering going with some of my guild mates. They go for 3 days, I think that'd be fun. There is DEFINITELY enough to do to fill 3 days!

It was a great show though, I wish I lived closer and could feel more at leisure there - I get stressed out being away from home by myself. I THOUGHT I saw all the quilts but obviously missed some. Took lots of pictures. Didn't spend too much money this year, which is a GOOD thing! Saw some really amazing work, as always!